Gordon Ibbinson MBE.

waddy999

Winger
I've just learned of the recent death of Gordon who ran the Hylton Castle & Town End Farm Boys & Girls Club. I knew Gordon from the early days at Hepworth & Grandage and I have introduced quite a few youngsters to the boxing club over the years. Most of you will be aware of his massive influence on the young Billy Hardy's boxing career + other young lads, his MBE was well deserved. Thoughts are with Lesley and his family. R.I.P. Gordon.

I've just learned of the recent death of Gordon who ran the Hylton Castle & Town End Farm Boys & Girls Club. I knew Gordon from the early days at Hepworth & Grandage and I have introduced quite a few youngsters to the boxing club over the years. Most of you will be aware of his massive influence on the young Billy Hardy's boxing career + other young lads, his MBE was well deserved. Thoughts are with Lesley and his family. R.I.P. Gordon.
He only jacked in running the boys club last yr i think it was . My lad started going just before Gordon retired. Billy took over but not for long. Legend Gordon is, got a load of lads into the gym over the yrs n kept them out of trouble, stopped them going off the rails. One of the best trainers around in his time.

The Boysie........ as us Hylton Castlers knew it as. Aye he put a lot of his own time into a lot of young lives.

Money it why its shut... Hail Hail Gordon, proper legend and Hail Hail pupil Billy for giving it a go...... Be demolished soon, our magnificent council will get a few flats or houses on it soon

Money it why its shut... Hail Hail Gordon, proper legend and Hail Hail pupil Billy for giving it a go...... Be demolished soon, our magnificent council will get a few flats or houses on it soon
Aye, they weren't making much but Gordon wasn't bothered. He just loved having somewhere for the young'uns to go. Fuck all round here now for them to go.

Back