Gordon Armstrong

I liked him, was underrated whilst here IMO although he did swan of with a lass I was on the verge of pulling in Fino's once. Think he is being a bit petty now.

One in six from midfield playing his football in the top two divisions over the course of a decade? Have we had any midfielder that has consistently scored 7-8 goals per season since then?
Hutch but not for long!

How do we know he's lying? Maybe he's concerned? The whole thing reminds me of the time Gray got banned from the SoL for speaking out about Short. It's childish.
He tweeted SAFC only employed 1 scout. Stewart Donald went on a podcast & named 5/6. He also admitted it’s an area the club are currently working on to make stronger.

So either the bloke who’s paying their wages is an outright liar, or the other bloke who doesn’t have any influence on the running of the club is speaking shite.

That’s the reason Gordon Armstrong is getting stuck & not Stewart Donald, because all the evidence is stacked against Armstrong.

In this case & on this thread, it’s got nothing to do with blindly defending Donald.

:lol: I suppose it could have done. However an excellent header of a ball jumps above his marker and attacks the ball facing the goal. It can hardly be that much of a surprise if it goes in.

Eh - for all his faults he was a tremendous header of a football.
Not for one minute doubting it was a good headed goal at the right time too.

It could have went anywhere?
What’s that shit about, why denigrate a great goal?
He aimed for goal, and it went into the goal.
You can say that about any fuckin goal.

For me, it was worth it just to get to the league cup final.

Also think we were the 8th most established club in the premier league when we went down
the previous model got us relegated twice..
the previous owner did spend a lot-which shows you that spending is nt everything.
the current owners spent about three times more in their first season than ellis did in his final one-despite ellis final season being in a higher divison..and despite ellis having para money which these guys didnt have because they had to use oit to clear debts left by ellis..

the previous model got us relegated twice..
the previous owner did spend a lot-which shows you that spending is nt everything.
the current owners spent about three times more in their first season than ellis did in his final one-despite ellis final season being in a higher divison..and despite ellis having para money which these guys didnt have because they had to use oit to clear debts left by ellis..

Ellis gave up aye anar but it is what it is. Can live with the relegation from the premier league, everyone outside the top 7 has their time.

Don't think the new owners spent anything last year either. Selling Paddy McNair paid for all the transfers. Donald did say he has had to put his hand in the pocket for less than he expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ellis gave up aye anar but it is what it is. Can live with the relegation from the premier league, everyone outside the top 7 has their time.

Don't think the new owners spent anything last year either. Selling Paddy McNair paid for all the transfers. Donald did say he has had to put his hand in the pocket for less than he expected.
your a funny guy..the debts for transfers were ober £20m so that £20m plus the £4m he spent is what went out..aye stewart put his hand in his pocket far less than expeted..but he still put his hand in.very substanitally..the club lost money evry day it opened..

your a funny guy..the debts for transfers were ober £20m so that £20m plus the £4m he spent is what went out..aye stewart put his hand in his pocket far less than expeted..but he still put his hand in.very substanitally..the club lost money evry day it opened..

Aye aye. Will get it all back when it's sold mate.

SO WHAT WAS SAID THEN?

He was saying that Reece James hadn't taken up his option, but it was down to the club, on the basis that he wouldn't have done it if he knew he was going off to Doncaster. Ignoring two things - the contractual option was one-sided (only James could trigger the extra year), and that it would make a great deal of sense for him to take up the option just in case the offer wasn't there or he couldn't agree terms.

So could I, they were all shite anarl.
He was saying that Reece James hadn't taken up his option, but it was down to the club, on the basis that he wouldn't have done it if he knew he was going off to Doncaster. Ignoring two things - the contractual option was one-sided (only James could trigger the extra year), and that it would make a great deal of sense for him to take up the option just in case the offer wasn't there or he couldn't agree terms.
any movement on the minutes GOM?

Back