Gordon Armstrong

He was a great header of the ball . Won just about everything and scored goals with his head . The Chelsea was brilliant he attacked and steered it with power . I wasn’t on duty, whatever that means that night , but I was there and have watched it scores of times
I spoke with him after the game and he admitted it could have went anywhere.

You've compared it to a pretty extreme case there, however you still see pundits tipping the underdog, no one cares if they get it wrong. There was very little between us and Charlton.
I had to compare it to a pretty extreme case to get the point across, which obviously hasn’t worked!
The point was that a pundit shouldn’t have to only tip the clubs they played for.

I spoke with him after the game and he admitted it could have went anywhere.

:lol: I suppose it could have done. However an excellent header of a ball jumps above his marker and attacks the ball facing the goal. It can hardly be that much of a surprise if it goes in.

I refer to the Chelsea game when the ball could have went anywhere but the goal...I was on duty that night. He was never a spectacular header of the ball.:)

Eh - for all his faults he was a tremendous header of a football.

Last edited:
I see that Stewart Donald has finally responded so some of the tweets that Armstrong is putting out.

GA has been very critical of the owners, since the consortium that he was involved with last summer failed to buy the club.

As a SAFC supporter I’d have expected him to put his personal disappointment to one side and want the best for the club. Unfortunately he’s chosen to act like a spoilt brat, picking up on even the slightest of opportunity to have a dig (a lot like a number of people on this board).

He’s quickly falling into the same bracket as Gabbiadini for me. SAFC legend on the pitch, bellend off it.

Unlike Gabbiadini, Armstrong is a proper red and white and speaks and behaves like a fan

It all concerns our football club. An ex player is slagging off the club & apparently lying. The owner has called him out on it publicly. Why wouldn’t you have a view?
How do we know he's lying? Maybe he's concerned? The whole thing reminds me of the time Gray got banned from the SoL for speaking out about Short. It's childish.

Back