"Google workers can listen to what people say to its AI home devices"

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date

I don’t see me ever owning one for this very reason.

The smart speaker is a great idea but the virtual assistant is a step to far for me.

We're probably being listened to through our phones anyway, even if you don't have Google Home/Alexa etc.

These leaks did come from phones as i understand it. The phone or google home records snippets and uploads them (actually streams direct to cloud but nvm) which if you dont opt out can be accessed by technicians and used for voice training. Some of these (anonymised) were provided to a third party and leaked out which isnt great but hardly a massive breach of privacy

I don't get the need or point of the AI/voice activated stuff like.

Happy enough with a smartphone app - and nee-one is spying on me. Well, not as obviously anyway :lol:

I looked at google assistant on my phone to change tracks on spotify when I'm washing up, then I don't have to dry my hands. It was a pain to get set up and didn't seem to integrate so I turned it all off again. Towels are easier and more secure.

well there’s a surprise

I don't get the need or point of the AI/voice activated stuff like.

Happy enough with a smartphone app - and nee-one is spying on me. Well, not as obviously anyway :lol:

You do realise that this is built into your phone by default?

Last edited:
I often get notifications from my phone saying that certain applications have been switching on the microphone.

Not had notifications but it might be spying.

I regularly have conversations with the dog at home. All the woofs and whooooos will confuse the hell out of Google :lol:

Back