Google Stadia

any update on this? Opinions? Etc
I really like it. Works brilliantly and have had no issues. Current game selection is limited though but I've been pretty lucky as I've got the 1st two tomb raiders and destiny 2 (with all the extras) for nowt and FFXV and the 3rd tomb raider for Ā£35. Never played any of them and they'll last me this year. A football game would be nice though

If you've played the games already on there though, I'd just wait until they announce the free version and give it a go

any update on this? Opinions? Etc

My experience has been nothing but positive.

Love how quick it is to get into games, how quick they load once you're in, and being able to switch between screens.

If you or anyone else wants to try it out, you can play on your laptop/pc with any controller or mouse and keyboard.

Here are my buddy pass codes. If you use them before the end of the month you should still be able to claim all six of the "free" games that have been released so far, as well as the two new ones coming in February:

2JUCHEGSJYUR0XYT

CNUUHRDNB97XSTV5

These can only be used once and I've posted them elsewhere, so I don't know if they've already been used or not. If they have then they are useless, if not then they'll each give 8 free games.

My experience has been nothing but positive.

Love how quick it is to get into games, how quick they load once you're in, and being able to switch between screens.

If you or anyone else wants to try it out, you can play on your laptop/pc with any controller or mouse and keyboard.

Here are my buddy pass codes. If you use them before the end of the month you should still be able to claim all six of the "free" games that have been released so far, as well as the two new ones coming in February:

2JUCHEGSJYUR0XYT

CNUUHRDNB97XSTV5

These can only be used once and I've posted them elsewhere, so I don't know if they've already been used or not. If they have then they are useless, if not then they'll each give 8 free games.

I fancy trying this if anyone else has invites please šŸ˜€

Iā€™ve bought a second hand founders edition of this and didnā€™t realise it needed a code to activate it :oops:

anyone got a buddy pass they would want to sell before I get rid of it
sorted managed to get a pass .

first impressions are that it seems canny , games load in seconds and no messing about with updates or downloading 40-50gb game files. Was expecting some lag/latency issues but so far seems solid . I'm not a hardcore gamer or owt so maybe I don't notice it.

Game library isn't great but hopefully they can change that over time. Gutted I just missed out on tomb raider fro free last month but Gylt seems canny as does Metro exodus so will tide me over till something comes up in the store I want.

Last edited:
mines been a nightmare past few days , canny bit of lagging and I'm hardwired in with a 362mb connection.

debating on whether to sell it on now as I know it will likely gather dust or just keep hold of it in the hope it improves in the future.Still can't believe there's no footy games except for football manager which isn't really a joypad game and can't put the face packs or owt on

mines been a nightmare past few days , canny bit of lagging and I'm hardwired in with a 362mb connection.

debating on whether to sell it on now as I know it will likely gather dust or just keep hold of it in the hope it improves in the future.Still can't believe there's no footy games except for football manager which isn't really a joypad game and can't put the face packs or owt on

This will be the problem with cloud. 4k streaming is a lot of bandwidth.

Not every gateway will be able to handle the traffic even with the best servers in the world.

Not only that it will suffer the same fate as netflix. Studios will withold content. Cloud gaming is doomed as a console killer

Anyone else been using Stadia? The launch was terrible and the marketing an absolute joke but my actual experience of the platform is very positive. Definitely still an oddball option but I recommend seeing how you get on if you've never given it a go. The library is still shit mind, but I don't play enough games to care.

Anyone else been using Stadia? The launch was terrible and the marketing an absolute joke but my actual experience of the platform is very positive. Definitely still an oddball option but I recommend seeing how you get on if you've never given it a go. The library is still shit mind, but I don't play enough games to care.
Surprised it's still a thing tbh. If it could have tied into your steam catalogue it could have been a canny bit of kit.

Surprised it's still a thing tbh. If it could have tied into your steam catalogue it could have been a canny bit of kit.

It's been great for me but it's really just plain odd that Google have done everything so badly with it. I don't plan on ever cancelling my subscription but also have no confidence in them and could see Google just closing the whole thing down. Even basic things like a roadmap of games to come, sticking to release dates, having a fully working app... This is Google for Christ's sake.

You might want to look at GeForce Now which (to my knowledge) does what you want.

Last edited:
It's been great for me but it's really just plain odd that Google have done everything so badly with it. I don't plan on ever cancelling my subscription but also have no confidence in them and could see Google just closing the whole thing down. Even basic things like a roadmap of games to come, sticking to release dates, having a fully working app... This is Google for Christ's sake.

You might want to look at GeForce Now which (to my knowledge) does what you want.

Classic Google really, they have a history of this with various projects, half hearted release, and closing things down after a couple of years too.

google+, google business view, google wave, cardboard, hangouts, daydream, goggles, picasa, spaces, hello, Gchat... need I go on?

Classic Google really, they have a history of this with various projects, half hearted release, and closing things down after a couple of years too.

google+, google business view, google wave, cardboard, hangouts, daydream, goggles, picasa, spaces, hello, Gchat... need I go on?
For such a successful company they are half arsed with everything.

This is the reason I always wait to buy a google product. They get bored far to easy.

Have they canned it already?!

Sounded too good to be true and...it was! The whole 4k/not actually 4k fiasco. The launch was a sham as well, they ballsed up my founders edition delivery, so ended up giving me the "pro" for nowt and another 6 months free. i wanted that anyway as preferred the white controller!

Great idea, but as with most google stuff, not really thought through properly.

Have they canned it already?!

Sounded too good to be true and...it was! The whole 4k/not actually 4k fiasco. The launch was a sham as well, they ballsed up my founders edition delivery, so ended up giving me the "pro" for nowt and another 6 months free. i wanted that anyway as preferred the white controller!

Great idea, but as with most google stuff, not really thought through properly.

It's not canned yet, still going...well I wouldn't say 'strong' but it's going. Suits me perfectly and I've had very few problems.

Back