Google Stadia

Disagree, Google have absolutely boatloads of cash and are well known for killing products if they don't develop the way they are projected to. Stadia will be no different.
This month they have abandoned Daydream VR. Anyone else remember Google Glasses?
Oddly, daydream VR was a re-use of the "daydream" name they'd already used for another killed project!

I'm surprised Google Glasses got nerfed though, I thought it had a ton of potential.

Imagining preordering something 5 months in advance only to either/or a) not get it on launch day b) not get a code you have to use to activate via some other google service you may not use

I've got my controller but still waiting for my code to actually play.

The launch is an absolute shit storm.

The only chink of light is that if you cut through all the problems with the launch itself, the people who do actually have it and have been able to play it say it works really well.

Unless you try to play from behind an enterprise network like that bloke from the Washington Post :lol:

I've got my controller but still waiting for my code to actually play.

The launch is an absolute shit storm.

The only chink of light is that if you cut through all the problems with the launch itself, the people who do actually have it and have been able to play it say it works really well.

Unless you try to play from behind an enterprise network like that bloke from the Washington Post :lol:
Journalist in being clueless about games and tech shocker

Got it yet?

Yeah I've had it a month now.

Honestly it's absolutely perfect for me.

Turns on instantly, load times starting and during the games miles quicker than consoles.

Best thing is being able to switch seamlessly between TV in living room, spare room and the laptop. You literally just press a button on your phone and the game starts exactly where you are in another room.

My internet isn't even that fast (40mbps) and it works even when the bairn in watching YouTube.

For someone like me who can usually only snatch the odd hour even there, might get booted off the telly at any time etc it's ideal.

Only downside has been the update for Red Dead Redemption came four days later than on consoles, though that turned out to be a blessing in disguise 🤣

Turns on instantly, load times starting and during the games miles quicker than consoles.

Best thing is being able to switch seamlessly between TV in living room, spare room and the laptop. You literally just press a button on your phone and the game starts exactly where you are in another room.

My internet isn't even that fast (40mbps) and it works even when the bairn in watching YouTube.

For someone like me who can usually only snatch the odd hour even there, might get booted off the telly at any time etc it's ideal.

Only downside has been the update for Red Dead Redemption came four days later than on consoles, though that turned out to be a blessing in disguise 🤣

Sounds canny like. Would be tempted but my Internet is only half that speed so will have to wait for fibre to be available here. Probably won't be getting one ever.

What resolution and FPS are you getting then mate?

What resolution and FPS are you getting then mate?

I don't think there's an easy way to tell.

I only really play Red Dead. On my 4ktv it looks really good. Apparently it runs at 1440p 30fps on 4k devices and is upscaled to 4k. All I can really say is it looks great.

My laptop and other TV can only do 1080p anyway. It doesn't looks as crisp on those, but apparently at 1080p it runs at 60fps, though I can't tell either way.

I don't think there's an easy way to tell.

I only really play Red Dead. On my 4ktv it looks really good. Apparently it runs at 1440p 30fps on 4k devices and is upscaled to 4k. All I can really say is it looks great.

My laptop and other TV can only do 1080p anyway. It doesn't looks as crisp on those, but apparently at 1080p it runs at 60fps, though I can't tell either way.

The resolution and frame rates aren’t really to be pinned on Google, it’s purely down to the developers of the games. In time, they should start to use the full capacity but my only fear is that the number of people using it won’t be as high as the Xbox and PS4 therefore the developers will always look to those 2 first and then port over (poorly)

The resolution and frame rates aren’t really to be pinned on Google, it’s purely down to the developers of the games. In time, they should start to use the full capacity but my only fear is that the number of people using it won’t be as high as the Xbox and PS4 therefore the developers will always look to those 2 first and then port over (poorly)

That's definitely right. It's a chicken and egg really, they need the player base on there to get devs to take it seriously, but to get the players on there they need the games.

Hopefully with Google's resources they can convince enough devs.

For me, it's been great so far though.

Back