Google Stadia

Discopants91

Striker
Google has unveiled a new digital gaming platform called Stadia which will stream better-than-console-quality games that have traditionally had to be either downloaded or purchased on disk.

Google reveals gaming platform Stadia

Sounds canny in theory, doubt my shitty Plusnet can handle much like.

Last edited:

Announced today by Google. Basically a Netflix for Games, Google trying to take on all 3 of Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft is a bold move.

Has been tried in the past but connection issues with the huge amounts of data which needs to be in sync between the user and the streaming platform it's never worked but Google reckon they've cracked it with a Controller which connects to their Youtube servers

Google Stadia instantly becomes a Netflix-like game streaming powerhouse

In theory it sounds fantastic, given you can utilise almost any device.

I'm curious as to what they will charge to actually use the service.

Google have a really good track record for abandoning projects. Glass, plus, picassa, notebook, buzz are examples off the top of my head....was help outs a thing?

I'm not convinced most of the world have fast enough connections yet.

It's Google, so I'm concerned my gaming experience will be stalled by ad interruptions unless I pay an extra premium. Same for the graphical quality. Need to understand what the pay model looks like.

Saying that I like the idea of being able to watch a YouTube video of a game, and just being able to pick up my pad and jump into it. That's some futuristic shit.

Might be canny. I trialled that PS Now business not long ago and was canny for large stages but every so often it would say my connection was cack and stop the game dead in the next ten seconds.

It sounds shite and won’t work. Sony and Microsoft could easily put themselves on a level playing field by allowing a Netflix type subscription for any game you want, something which will probably come in 2020 anyway. It’ll fail or be abandoned. Bookmark this.

Yeah all them amazing games Sony and Microsoft produce :lol:

This is the future and it will work, people talking about 100 meg as if its a massive obstacle, 100 meg will be the norm soon enough.

Yeah all them amazing games Sony and Microsoft produce :lol:

This is the future and it will work, people talking about 100 meg as if its a massive obstacle, 100 meg will be the norm soon enough.
People will just want to stream the likes of FIFA and Fortnite. They've already said most games will work. They'll be streaming existing console games anyway. Ones already on Sony and Xbox.

People will just want to stream the likes of FIFA and Fortnite. They've already said most games will work. They'll be streaming existing console games anyway. Ones already on Sony and Xbox.

Fifa is made by EA not Sony and Microsoft.

Google could easily negotiate an exclusivity deal that's saves EA money and doesn't affect profit.

Sony and Microsoft could easily end up the new Sega and Nintendo if they don't keep up.

It sounds shite and won’t work. Sony and Microsoft could easily put themselves on a level playing field by allowing a Netflix type subscription for any game you want, something which will probably come in 2020 anyway. It’ll fail or be abandoned. Bookmark this.

The idea is fantastic. In future anybody will simply need an internet connection and a controller to play high end games with the best resolutions and frame rates available without having to worry about hardware.

In the future consoles should be obsolete. That is quite a while away however

Back