Google Pixel phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
The missus just got a Compact X. Its a canny phone for £300.
I'd be tempted by the full size X myself if I needed a phone right now.

Like the sound of the Compact X to replace my wife's old Galaxy S2.

Good spec and a really nice size screen imo. Can't stand all these 5 inch plus screen phones.

Apple, at least, seem to have realised these large phones are not super practical.

Have had Nexus devices since the 4 but have stuck with theNexus 5x at the minute as the price of the Pixel has been off-putting.

Have had Nexus devices since the 4 but have stuck with theNexus 5x at the minute as the price of the Pixel has been off-putting.
Back up everything and start planning for your next move. That bootloop issue will get you soon.

I was gutted. Phone was spot on, no issues, just died one day. About 14months old.

The new series is supposed to be out in a few weeks so it might be worth hadding on a bit, either to get a new model, or the current ones cheaper.

You said no Samsung but the Note 7R (refurbished Note 7 with the exploding battery problem fixed) is a great deal.

Is anywhere selling this yet?

I've had a Pixel XL from launch.

It's not cheap to buy, but the camera is mint on it, the battery life is good on it and doesn't take too long to charge, fingerprint scanner works a treat and in the perfect place for me. Also you don't get ant of the crap you'd get on a Samsung or Sony that you can't get rid of.

It's f***ing massive like.

I've got one, I honestly think it's the best phone I've ever had.

Saying that, it's expensive. If I wasn't on a friends and family scheme I would have gone with something cheaper.

I've got one, I honestly think it's the best phone I've ever had.

Saying that, it's expensive. If I wasn't on a friends and family scheme I would have gone with something cheaper.

I'm on EE friends and family. Do they do any deals then take the discount off it is it still website prices only then discount off

The One plus five is something I am looking at. The Google phone looks good too.
Huwawei also look pretty good too.
There I was thinking of getting a Samsung when I renew in December.

best phone I've ever had ( and I have had most via work ) got one just before the official launch ( Pixel XL) Amazing camera the best on the market the battery lasts 2 days give or take. There is no bloat ware so it runs smooth as you like and the 4g is always spot on I could not recommend it highly enough also you get unlimited storage on Google Photos in high quality ( Best Photos app you will get ) No headphones is a bit tight for the price but I have been due an upgrade for 6 months and I haven't bothered , I cant see how a smart phone could be any better .

I'm on EE friends and family. Do they do any deals then take the discount off it is it still website prices only then discount off

just take the deal online then ask the Friend / Family to add the discount if its removed , usually they just leave it on during upgrade mate the discount has dropped to 30% now not 40% so factor that in

Last edited:
30% off, used to be 40%.

I got mine when they first came out, you might get it a bit cheaper than me.

My sister couldn't get much off deal wise at the time but managed to bolt on stuff like BT sport and double data for nowt.

Back up everything and start planning for your next move. That bootloop issue will get you soon.

I was gutted. Phone was spot on, no issues, just died one day. About 14months old.

Don't worry me...what boot loop issue?

Gaffer at work has one. He f***ing hates it.

It feels cheap in your hand. Like a knock off iPhone 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back