Google Pixel phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitfire

Striker
anyone got one? Any pros and cons?

Oh and I am well familiar with apple and Samsung so fuck off with any shit crack

Reactions: GK

Fancied one but didn't fancy the 600 quid outlay. I do like pure Android like.

My nexus 5x died with the bootloop issue recently so bought a redmi 4 off that China which came yesterday.

Seems daft to spend that much money on a phone tbh.
The new Oneplus 5 came out yesterday for £450/500 depending on model - better value for a roughly equivalent phone (some parts better, some worse).
Mind, I'll still not be paying £450 for my next phone either.

By the time the CPU is struggling these days, you're wanting a new phone anyway.

Got one, really like it.

Pros: Battery life is decent, great camera, pure Android, great finger print reader, fast
Cons: Expensive.

If I'd held off a bit, I probably would have got a Moto G5 - pretty much stock Android nougat, fingerprint scanner, camera is OK, screen good. Only £150, so a bargain. The kids recently upgraded their phones to the G5.

Seems daft to spend that much money on a phone tbh.
The new Oneplus 5 came out yesterday for £450/500 depending on model - better value for a roughly equivalent phone (some parts better, some worse).
Mind, I'll still not be paying £450 for my next phone either.

By the time the CPU is struggling these days, you're wanting a new phone anyway.
The Volkswagen of smartphones. ;)

Got one, really like it.

Pros: Battery life is decent, great camera, pure Android, great finger print reader, fast
Cons: Expensive.

If I'd held off a bit, I probably would have got a Moto G5 - pretty much stock Android nougat, fingerprint scanner, camera is OK, screen good. Only £150, so a bargain. The kids recently upgraded their phones to the G5.

the G5 is pretty much the same as my Lenovo

I'll upgrade to K6 next time

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SMARTPHONE...98052214&sr=8-21&keywords=lenovo+mobile+phone

anyone got one? Any pros and cons?

Oh and I am well familiar with apple and Samsung so fuck off with any shit crack

The new series is supposed to be out in a few weeks so it might be worth hadding on a bit, either to get a new model, or the current ones cheaper.

You said no Samsung but the Note 7R (refurbished Note 7 with the exploding battery problem fixed) is a great deal.

Wanted one of these to replace my iphone but the Essential Phone has me intrigued enough to wait.
Disappointing imho. Minimalist bezels might look cute but they cause too many usability issues, like having to have the fingerprint sensor on the back (which I hate). I also can't understand putting more than 1080p on a smallish screen.

Wanted one of these to replace my iphone but the Essential Phone has me intrigued enough to wait.
First time I've heard of that! Looks fairly impressive from first glance.

Disappointing imho. Minimalist bezels might look cute but they cause too many usability issues, like having to have the fingerprint sensor on the back (which I hate). I also can't understand putting more than 1080p on a smallish screen.
Apart from this bit :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back