Goodfellas

I’m a bit of an Italian American mafia encyclopaedia having read and watched loads about it, and supposedly Tommy (actual real name Tommy DeSimone) was even far worse and more of a psycho in real life than the film portrayed him to be. Which is saying something!
6 foot 4 in real life anarl

Yep. He was also a total liability.

Plenty of other mobsters have killed made men and been given a pass. The bosses wanted to send a message with DeSimone.

The mental thing is, guys like Roy DeMeo make DeSimone look like a nice bloke 😂😂😂

Aye :lol:. Suppose the difference from what I’ve read and watched about Roy DeMeo (there’s a good hour ish long documentary on YouTube) compared to DeSimone, he was a cold and calculated serial killer /hitman basically. Whereas Tommy was just a loose cannon and too unpredictable.

Yep. He was also a total liability.

Plenty of other mobsters have killed made men and been given a pass. The bosses wanted to send a message with DeSimone.

The mental thing is, guys like Roy DeMeo make DeSimone look like a nice bloke 😂😂😂
I love reading about the Mafia, read quite a few books etc.
There’s actually a few alternative theories out there about Tommys death. He killed billy batts years before he eventually got whacked so why didn’t they kill him sooner? Plus Jimmy was involved and never got hit.
One theory is that Pauly was having an affair with Karen Hill and Tommy attempted to rape her, when Pauly found out he gave him up to the Gambinos for killing billy batts.
The other is that it was actually Jimmy who killed him or arranged it because he was killing everyone involved in the airport heist to cover his tracks and Tommy was caught on camera with his mask up (or something along these lines).
His body was never found so who knows for certain.

Love watching the podcasts about what he was really like, ultimately though I think he was just a small time gangster, a loose cannon trying to prove something, he was never going to last long.

I’m a bit of an Italian American mafia encyclopaedia having read and watched loads about it, and supposedly Tommy (actual real name Tommy DeSimone) was even far worse and more of a psycho in real life than the film portrayed him to be. Which is saying something!

I read the book and the De Niro character comes across far worse as well.

Always felt tricking Tommy into thinking he was getting ‘made’ before whacking him was a bit harsh.
They could’ve just killed him whenever surely
Hey ... we ain't pussy footin around here. You get out of line with the organisation and your'e history. The guy got was coming to him and he was lucky it was quick. Billy Batts - God rest his soul - got beaten to a pulp and what was left of him was dumped in a field for the dogs to eat. At least Tommy DeVito ended up in a casket so that his Ma could bury him. Fair enough it couldn't be an open casket but we ain't runnin no funeral service..

Back