Goodbye Little Britain

• Thread starter Deleted member 32773
  • Start date

please tell me they aren't getting rid of ' love thy neighbour ' .
I know you gest, but even at the time, that went far far to far and I have never watched a full episode.

I dont know if I so offended by the rudeness or the racism

I never watched alf garnet either. calling his wife a silly old moo and everything else.

I just dont like people being insulted for somebody to have a so called laugh.

Just not for me.

Being sick when you realise the little Asian kid has made the cake is pushing the boundaries by anyone’s standards.

Where will it all end....

Little Britain, Come Fly with me and the like are not racist, if they are then you can include them playing women as feminist.
If you ban programs for people dressing up and doing impressions of people who aren't themselves we will have Precious Little left ... if you excuse the pun.

Mrs Browns boys will have to go, pantomimes will be cancelled and I'm sure they'll find a reason to object to Father Ted.

There was no backlash at the time over these programs, so why now.

All seems pretty stupid to me.

... and before the "Love thy neighbour" was deemed not racist is the past, oh yes it was.

We need to see the difference between racism and character acting.

I know you gest, but even at the time, that went far far to far and I have never watched a full episode.

I never watched alf garnet either. calling his wife a silly old moo and everything else.

Just not for me.
The black character always won though and showed the white character up to be a dick! I think you missed the point of that AND Alf Garnett to be honest.

Just not for me.
fine , but why deny others who want to watch it the chance to do so?

Where will it all end....

Little Britain, Come Fly with me and the like are not racist, if they are then you can include them playing women as feminist.
If you ban programs for people dressing up and doing impressions of people who aren't themselves we will have Precious Little left ... if you excuse the pun.

Mrs Browns boys will have to go, pantomimes will be cancelled and I'm sure they'll find a reason to object to Father Ted.

There was no backlash at the time over these programs, so why now.

All seems pretty stupid to me.

... and before the "Love thy neighbour" was deemed not racist is the past, oh yes it was.

We need to see the difference between racism and character acting.

anything that gets rid of Mrs Browns Boys is ok with me

The black character always won though and showed the white character up to be a dick! I think you missed the point of that AND Alf Garnett to be honest.
you may be right, but I dont like people being rude and insulting to each other. can put up with a daft one liner but not those shows. the audience, dont know if canned or not, but seem to recall laughing at the insults. Thats what I recall, but may be totally wrong

he also 'blacked up' as the splendidly named Bungdit Din in Up the Kyhber
Yep I couldnt remember if it was just a turban rather than full on 'blackface'. Think Kenneth Williams as the Khazi of Kallabad did too. Was watching Khartoum the other week and Lawrence Oliveir was too as the Mahdi.

Back