Good TV series to binge on?

Just finished watching Money Heist. As unrealistic as the premise of the show was, it was absolutely gripping. I would recommend watching with subtitles rather than dubbing, expression is such a key part of it that it just gets lost when dubbed.

Just started Welcome to Chippendales on Disney. I originally thought it was going to be an American Full Monty, but it's actually a true story of a murder for hire (and on a lesser scale the story of playmate Dorothy Stratten). I've seen documentaries on both cases so it piqued my interest. 2 episodes in and enjoying it.

Last edited:
Ottoman Rising:

2 series a mixture of big budget action, commentary and expert talking heads. 1st series is the capture of Constantinople and 2nd series features Mehmet v Vlad the Impaler. Great historical drama.

Just finished season 1. Netflix do a few of these docu-drama type series. Got similar ones about Samurais, Marco Polo and Roman Empire in my list when I get round to them
Animal Kingdom on Amazon Prime all 6 seasons on now. Ellen Barkin and the lad who plays Micheal in Peaky Blinders star about a family off bank/armed robbers in California .I’m Up to season 5 can highly recommend it loosely based on the Aussie film of the same name.
On season 2 now, canny series

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed Slow Horses and Treason (both of which I’ve only watched recently) so they’ve possibly already been mentioned on the thread

Just started Welcome to Chippendales on Disney. I originally thought it was going to be an American Full Monty, but it's actually a true story of a murder for hire (and on a lesser scale the story of playmate Dorothy Stratten). I've seen documentaries on both cases so it piqued my interest. 2 episodes in and enjoying it.
I watched the whole series yesterday (from my sick bed!)
I really enjoyed it, knew nowt about all the shenanigans the founders had got upto. Very interesting.

I watched the whole series yesterday (from my sick bed!)
I really enjoyed it, knew nowt about all the shenanigans the founders had got upto. Very interesting.
All a bit bizarre really. I actually didn't recognise Dan Stevens as Paul Snider in the first episode. If you're interested the Death of a Starlet podcast details the Dorothy Stratten story. It would seem she was destined for better things and was only 20 when she died.

All a bit bizarre really. I actually didn't recognise Dan Stevens as Paul Snider in the first episode. If you're interested the Death of a Starlet podcast details the Dorothy Stratten story. It would seem she was destined for better things and was only 20 when she died.
I don’t really know Dan Stevens as have never watched downton but the tv podcast I listen to (pilot tv) they were all saying the same that they didn’t know it was Him.

will check out that podcast, cheers for the recommendation!

I don’t really know Dan Stevens as have never watched downton but the tv podcast I listen to (pilot tv) they were all saying the same that they didn’t know it was Him.

will check out that podcast, cheers for the recommendation!
In my defence I only watched one series of Downton. More than enough! 😁

Just finished watching Money Heist. As unrealistic as the premise of the show was, it was absolutely gripping. I would recommend watching with subtitles rather than dubbing, expression is such a key part of it that it just gets lost when dubbed.
Enjoyed that, at least S1 and S2. If the third was on a ship then you can avoid that one.

Just finished Wednesday, reasonably good but you know what you are getting and fairly faithful to the old series.

Back