Good places in Europe to go and take a game in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't help wondering when was the last time these posters went abroad who are recommending cities in the euro zone? Lisbon last week was outfuckirageously expensive. Tenerife was taking the piss last neet anarl.

I also can't believe the ops considering a Northern European country in October anarl!

Amsterdam is shite? :lol:

@Harbour Boy definitely go to Porto, it's a nice city, a bit more gritty than Lisbon. If you have the time you could easy do both cities on the same trip, it's only 3hrs on a train between the two, cheap tickets as well.
Done Lisbon but it was great. Looking for go just after Christmas and there's Portuguese cup games on!

I can't help wondering when was the last time these posters went abroad who are recommending cities in the euro zone? Lisbon last week was outfuckirageously expensive. Tenerife was taking the piss last neet anarl.

I also can't believe the ops considering a Northern European country in October anarl!

I found Lisbon to be pretty cheap like.

How much was Tenerife, was thinking about Zaragoza v Tenerife in June.

In February 4 of us did Holland. Based in Rotterdam and did a Feynoord and PSV game. Was brilliant.

Train travel was so easy and reliable.

Definitely recommend it.

We are planning a Germany trip in November once our fixtures are out.

is there much sight seeing or mainly place for piss up and chance to see footy considering there going to look into Gdansk need to see where is cheapest

Krakow is a great city to go to. The flights are great, beer is good and cheap, and you'll have a great time. The old town,river walk, castle and bohemian Kazimierz area are easy to walk around. And it's easy to book a day tour to Auschwitz (if that's somewhere you want to go) or the Wieliczka salt mines (Amazing underground tour of the mine).

And both grounds are within 15-20 min walk from the center of the old town/main square through nice parts of town. Easy to get to either ground, although its easy to miss Cracovia's ground as the outside looks like a shopping mall not a football ground.

Last edited:
Istanbul.
Surprised how popular Fenerbahce were with flags all over the streets marking their territory always thought Galatasaray we're the big club in the city....might have been just to do with which parts I seen although the centre was the same no game on unfortunately but cracking night out

Firenze have the most beautiful setting for any ground
Canny atmosphere too although the footee was boring

Last edited:
How much was Tenerife, was thinking about Zaragoza v Tenerife in June.

The price of food n drink I meant. Nivver occurred to me to go to a game while here. What division are they in this year? I may have a hunt around to see if they're playing midweek. Cheers marra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back