Good places in Europe to go and take a game in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to Prague in a couple weeks and we're trying to get tickets for the Sparta game v Slovan Liberec.
Will let you know what it's like.
Tickets range between 170 - 260 CZK Koruna (£7/8 approx)

I went to see the Prague derby 5 years ago and was massively disappointed.

Atmosphere was built up to be hostile and intimidating. Turned out to friendly and inviting.

It was cheap and you could enjoy a pint in the stands like.

This is inside the ground

Logon or register to see this image

Den Haag - Legia seems to be the biggest friendship, seen bits of Den Haag graffiti in Warsaw.
Logon or register to see this image

This was the Juventus thing, inside that glass window was a Juventus shirt and a few caps which I think were signed. Can't imagine anything like that happening over here, it felt really out of place. Not sure if it was just the stand we were in but there were more badges and flags of other clubs around than Den Haag themselves.

Obvious ones inc what's been said, + Barca..... but

Get yersell to Split, fans up for it, great atmosphere & the city is a brilliant place

or Fleetwood ;)

is there much sight seeing or mainly place for piss up and chance to see footy considering there going to look into Gdansk need to see where is cheapest

No idea as I've not done Kraków yet, Gdansk will be my next polish trip.

Obvious ones inc what's been said, + Barca..... but

Get yersell to Split, fans up for it, great atmosphere & the city is a brilliant place

or Fleetwood ;)

Noticed easyjet fly from Newcastle

Freiburg. Compact stadium, amazin scenery, great food. Fly to basel Mulhaus airport, 40 minute drive. Stay in Gasthaus Adler in Glottertal. Freiburg are the German Sunderland... fanatical support, but a bit crap with moments when you think 'it's going to be okay', followed by it not being okay.

We got them dead easily for Feyenoord, it was another lad that sorted them though sorry. He didn't complain though and he's a right moaning twat usually.

Poland is quality, Krakow a fantastic city and the stadium at Cracovia is great to visit.

I have got tickets for Germany U21's v Denmark U21's at Cracovia in June for me and the wife as we are over there anyway. Also doing England v Slovakia in Kielce.

Did three games in the Rotterdam area in February with the lads, Den Haag, Willem II and Sparta Rotterdam and that was good. To get tickets I e-mailed the clubs and I had to send ID scans and then they allowed us to buy them without dutch ID or fan cards. Just takes a bit of organising. I am quite happy sticking to lesser visited grounds.

You will have no problems getting tickets in Prague, been to Slavia, Zizkov (twice) and Lokomotiv Vltavin plus Viktoria Plzen as well. Paid on the gate for them all and most I paid was about £7 at Plzen as it was a UEFA League match v Dinamo Minsk and they put the prices up for it;).

Looking at another lads trip next season which will most likely be Germany, Poland (Katowice area) or Hungary (Budapest).

Last edited:
I have got tickets for Germany U21's v Denmark U21's at Cracovia in June for me and the wife as we are over there anyway. Also doing England v Slovakia in Kielce.

Did three games in the Rotterdam area in February with the lads, Den Haag, Willem II and Sparta Rotterdam and that was good. To get tickets I e-mailed the clubs and I had to send ID scans and then they allowed us to buy them without dutch ID or fan cards. Just takes a bit of organising. I am quite happy sticking to lesser visited grounds.

You will have no problems getting tickets in Prague, been to Slavia, Zizkov (twice) and Lokomotiv Vltavin plus Viktoria Plzen as well. Paid on the gate for them all and most I paid was about £7 at Plzen as it was a UEFA League match v Dinamo Minsk and they put the prices up for it;).

Looking at another lads trip next season which will most likely be Germany, Poland (Katowice area) or Hungary (Budapest).

katowice is a dump.

What's peoples opinions on Porto? Me and the mrs have been given £100 refund by EasyJet due to fare price promise and we're looking at Porto. Can fly there for free from Manchester :lol:
Love the place, big city with a bit of everything & completely different atmosphere to lisbon. They love the English as well which is a bit of a novelty these days. You can make a weeks holiday out of it maybe staying at Viana Do Castela. Chance of matches at Braga & Guimaraes as well but Portuguese footie can be hard work, worse than the Spanish for 'gamesmanship' and general fannying about.

Went to Legia Warsaw vs Ruch Chorzow earlier this season, had a great time at the match and in the city, plenty going on and very cheap. It was a night game, seemed to be nearly all blokes between 18-60, very good atmosphere even though Legia were shite and lost.

We done a lot in Warsaw, went to a shooting range, ziplined across the national stadium, went on the piss every night, done an escape room. Yet we spent very little, flights were only about £50 from Newcastle with Ryanair.

Done Dusseldorf (Bayer Leverkusen) a few year back and thought the atmosphere was fairly shite, but we had a great time in the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back