Good places in Europe to go and take a game in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Botchie

Striker
I'm looking at organising a weekend away in late October and was hoping to include a match. Obviously it depends on fixtures but, I wanted to know where is decent, digs, night out, ticket availability and stuff. Thanks for any help.

I'm looking at organising a weekend away in late October and was hoping to include a match. Obviously it depends on fixtures but, I wanted to know where is decent, digs, night out, ticket availability and stuff. Thanks for any help.
I'm thinking of a place with great beaches, fine local cuisine, bustling nightlife, but more importantly for this trip some good quality Football.

How about Shields?

Berlin - big stadium, good standard of football, and one of my favourite cities anywhere.

Edit - if you're into the Belgian style of beer, Bruges might be a good bet. Not sure how easy it is to get tickets though

Berlin, Lisbon, Milan, Rome, Budapest, Krakow, Prague will all be fine regardless of when you go as long as it's not intl week. Standard of football will vary wildly but if you're like me you probably won't be too arsed about that.

Berlin, Lisbon, Milan, Rome, Budapest, Krakow, Prague will all be fine regardless of when you go as long as it's not intl week. Standard of football will vary wildly but if you're like me you probably won't be too arsed about that.
Are the dates out for Oct internationals?

I fancy Poland. Cheap, easy to get to and should be canny lively.

What's it like for getting tickets?
We got them dead easily for Feyenoord, it was another lad that sorted them though sorry. He didn't complain though and he's a right moaning twat usually.

Poland is quality, Krakow a fantastic city and the stadium at Cracovia is great to visit.

Feyenoord good too.

I find Rotterdam a bit boring. But then again a lot of my in-laws come from Amsterdam and around, and I probably spend far too much time there. I remember the Amsterdam Arena being pretty smart when we were in the tournament there (mind you, we were with some of said in-laws with the Ajax fans rather than up in the top tier away section).

Hertha Berlin. Cheap flights from Ponteland with Easyjet. Immense.

I find Rotterdam a bit boring. But then again a lot of my in-laws come from Amsterdam and around, and I probably spend far too much time there. I remember the Amsterdam Arena being pretty smart when we were in the tournament there (mind you, we were with some of said in-laws with the Ajax fans rather than up in the top tier away section).
Isn't Rotterdam an industrial city? Mind you we'll be on the piss so the sights probably won't be high up on the to do list.

Just went to Madrid last week. Loads of clubs in and around it. Real, Atletico, Rayo Vallecano, Leganes, Getafe and Alcoron.

Done Krakow and saw both Krakow teams. Done Wroclaw which was a great city but only had one team.

Dusseldorf was also very good, done Dortmund, Koln, BMG and Schalke. Also got Fortuna, RW Essen, Bochum, Leverkusen and Bochum on the doorstep.

Isn't Rotterdam an industrial city? Mind you we'll be on the piss so the sights probably won't be high up on the to do list.

Very much so. As you might expect, there's not a lot of love lost between there and Amsterdam. I remember taking a taxi into the centre from a hotel near the airport one weeknight a few years back. He warned us that it would be much quieter than we might expect if we'd been to Amsterdam because "we Rotterdammers arrive at work with our sleeves rolled up" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back