Good, pet friendly places to stay in Yorkshire Dales ?

Luna17

Winger
Time to forget about foreign travel and all the feckin hassle, and time to explore UK.

All serious recommendations appreciated

Time to forget about foreign travel and all the feckin hassle, and time to explore UK.

You can choose 'pets allowed' on things like skyes cottages and the like. What are you looking for, hotel, lodge, cottage etc?

Judging by the last time we went a couple of years ago then nearly everywhere is pet friendly. Just about every pub we stayed in had fecking dogs running around the restaurants when you were eating :evil:

Each to their own like but since then we make sure that anywhere we stay doesn’t allow dogs but that restricts you to virtually nowhere in the dales or lakes where dogs appear to be compulsory. I think it’s a rural northern thing where walkers expect to be able to take their dogs and most places seem happy to cater for it.

I have to say I love that area like. We went many times - easter, whit and blackberry week when I was a bairn and like I said my sister loved it so much she got a cottage there.

When I come home I have a wander round our ever changing town centre that looks ever more tatty and decrepit, and get a brief anxiety trying to remember how things were and how much has changed. Then we’ll go for a drive to the dales, stop off at that little cafe in the top corner of the market square at Richmond for scampi and chips, then get a 99 from the van, drive on through Reeth to Langthwaite and walk across the little footbridge over Arkle Beck. It’s all EXACTLY as it was fifty years ago and order is resorted in my brain! The day they put a McDonalds in the village next to the Red Lion will be the sign that it’s time for me to shuffle off this mortal coil!

Miiddleham is nice and full of Race horse stables. We were there a few weeks ago and got to Aysgarth Falls (in full flood) Bolton Castle, Ripon, Richmond and Skipton. It poured down every day so no walks of any great length but discovered a lovely tea shop come diner called Berry’s on the A684 not far from Aysgarth on the way to Leyburn.

On your doorstep, Reeth, or anywhere in Swaledale

Just about everywhere is pet friendly
Last time I was there I stayed in the Kings Arms
Plenty mentions of this strip from a1 across ,is that Yorkshire dales ? thought it was more skipton way

Prepare for covid tax on accomm but yeah,plenty to see in this land .Scotland west coast or cumbria for me ,then east coast (whitby etc )

Last edited:

Back