Good Night Thread

Last edited:
its chez worcester now days.....and to prove im not a (functional) alcoholic im having cherry milkshake and ket :lol: 😎
How disappointing. The ket is much better washed down with a fine Chianti though.
14 year now
Long time marra.
Did you go straight in to nursing, or fall in to it later?
Only ask cos I have a mate who was a plasterer, jacked it in, studied, and is now a paramedic. Much less money, but he is a very, very fullfilled man.

Last edited:
How disappointing. The ket is much better washed down with a fine Chianti though.

Long time marra.
Did you go straight in to nursing, or fall in to it later.
Only ask cos I have a mate who was a plasterer, jacked it in, studied, and is now a paramedic. Much less money, but he is a very, very fullfilled man.
Aye its a canny job and good job security

Nah i was a warehouse team leader got paid off and re trained to do this

wine is dangerous....the bottle must be finished :lol: ...kets and milshake is a match made in heaven👍....jaffa cakes would also be good but weve only got orange, would have to be cherry or blueberry🤔
Thats the rule.
If the corks out, the bottle must be emptied.
Now you've got me salivating for f***ing Jaffa Cakes🤣
Aye its a canny job and good job security

Nah i was a warehouse team leader got paid off and re trained to do this
Lucky redundancey then marra.
Funny where life can take you.

Last edited:
Well I'm awake. Flew back into Manchester this morning after a 9 hour overnight flight.

The night before I was up all night as the other half got took to hospital and the on call Dr Nick, ambulance staff, hospital staff, were more interested in 'tips' and medical insurance docs than getting her better.

After landing today we waited for 90 mins for someone to "get the steps" so we could get off.

Got back to the car eventually to find it dead, flat battery. One of the kids (adult) left whatever plugged..oh nevermind :neutral:

3 hours later a 2 hour drive back trying not to nod off, 5 hours kip on the settee this afternoon and now I'm bright as a button, great :mad:

Well I'm awake. Flew back into Manchester this morning after a 9 hour overnight flight.

The night before I was up all night as the other half got took to hospital and the on call Dr Nick, ambulance staff, hospital staff, were more interested in 'tips' and medical insurance docs than getting her better.

After landing today we waited for 90 mins for someone to "get the steps" so we could get off.

Got back to the car eventually to find it dead, flat battery. One of the kids (adult) left whatever plugged..oh nevermind :neutral:

3 hours later a 2 hour drive back trying not to nod off, 5 hours kip on the settee this afternoon and now I'm bright as a button, great :mad:
Good couple of days then.🤣🤣🤣
Mrs alright now?

Good couple of days then.🤣🤣🤣
Mrs alright now?
Yeah brilliant, at least we hadn't been burgled or burst pipes etc. as that was the next thing on my paranoid list :lol:

She's doing better, but the whole thing was a lot worse for her than me so I shouldn't moan.

She's now dealing with our daughter who's boyfriend dumped her by text when we landed, the twat. I'm quite pleased about that, he's a complete wrongun!

Hope all is well and nothing too serious mate
Where u been?

Last edited:
Greetings from Dallas Texas, cheating really but providing some engagement for you insomniacs.

Out in a bar watching the NFL conference finals - it’s basically the semi final for the SuperBowl. Philadelphia beat San Fransisco earlier and now Kansas are playing (and marginally winning) Cincinnati at half time.

I’ve also just started planning a trail running trip to Colorado in June, and have decided I want to get a dog from the local adoption place.

Where u been?
Mexico she's much better than she was. I think its food poisoning, which is what call out Dr Nick agreed with ($200).

The hospital Dr said he had to be sure so wanted to do blood tests ($1000) and a CAT scan ($4000), plus $400 consultation fee. We told them to go fuck themselves and bought the medication they wanted to give her from a pharmacy for £25.

We don't know what we have with the NHS.

Mexico she's much better than she was. I think its food poisoning, which is what call out Dr Nick agreed with ($200).

The hospital Dr said he had to be sure so wanted to do blood tests ($1000) and a CAT scan ($4000), plus $400 consultation fee. We told them to go fuck themselves and bought the medication they wanted to give her from a pharmacy for £25.

We don't know what we have with the NHS.
We’re in Aruba last year, mother in law tripped up pissed and broke arm. $500 for X-rays sling etc, wanted another $2500 to open up and pin. She declined and sorted it out in Uk

We’re in Aruba last year, mother in law tripped up pissed and broke arm. $500 for X-rays sling etc, wanted another $2500 to open up and pin. She declined and sorted it out in Uk
It's completely mad. I still can't get over the ambulance bloke asking for tips while we were speeding to the hospital and she was throwing up and whatever everywhere :lol:

Back