Good news for Peaky Blinders fans

It's funny because I fully expected this to be when the Peaky Blinders went out to take on America, not America to come and go toe to toe with them in Small Heath.

The script and screenplay for this series have definitely gone up a notch.

I'm guessing the hint has been dropped for the future with him mentioning a contract in Burma etc. Reckon they may be off over there.

Really enjoyed that episode. Tom Hardy's scene, as mentioned, was class. Left it on a bit of a cliffhanger. It's all going to happen at the boxing match. Should be an excellent final episode. I'm thinking a pregnant Lizzie may well end up as a casualty?

A further episode has been commissioned, I guess it might venture into India etc

Great episode tonight, Arthur getting stuck in

I love the show but I'm finding it harder to watch with the plots/sub plots. Average acting.
Series 1. 40% bucking 40% fighting the rest made up of plot, storyline and cool as fuck cinematography.
It was almost like a council estates sopranos meets downtown abbey

It's slowly turned into
10% action. And the whole of the remainder focused on setting the next cliffhanger with long pauses and scenes fitting to showcase the actors acting skills.
Which tbf apart from Murphy this series lacks.
I think the show is a casualty of its own success, I'm imagining all the actors wanting to show how "diverse and complicated" there individual characters are. Nightmare for the directors and writers. I wonder is this the reason the Cole brothers were sidelined in this series. One in hospital one dead?

It's very much similar to taboo.
In fact I think Tom Hardy as brought the same looking into the mid space (acting school trick) gravel voiced character with him!!!! tbf shut your eyes and it's the same as everyone of his characters ever in anything. And the as earlier in the thread pointed out the bad Allistor McGowan impression doesn't help. Why they couldn't get a Italian/American is beyond me. Aidan Gillen and his character have been a good addition imo.
I love action and jumped on board this programme when it first surfaced but like many will find it hard to get excited for the next series if it ends like taboo. (I will still watch though)
A limp wristed fire fight with the odd statement thrown in to get us all chomping at the bit for the next instalments.

I really hope the last episode redeems/saves this series and put peaky where it belongs prime time instead of the reality shite that's forced upon us week after week.
How Eddie Murphys brother fits in with all this I do not know. But here's hoping for next week.

I'm guessing the hint has been dropped for the future with him mentioning a contract in Burma etc. Reckon they may be off over there.
I read somewhere a while ago that the creator wants it to fully end with the sirens of WW2 starting.

All set up for next week although the opening chase through the houses and the subsequent escape by the Italians was pretty poor.

Really enjoyed that episode. Tom Hardy's scene, as mentioned, was class. Left it on a bit of a cliffhanger. It's all going to happen at the boxing match. Should be an excellent final episode. I'm thinking a pregnant Lizzie may well end up as a casualty?
My thinking too. She is a big character but not a ''main one'' and also kills off the unborn child which adds extra spice/hatred.

Back