Good, local Sheds?

I had an outside building which I used as an office in my last gaff. Bought it from Hodgson Timber in Cotherstone and paid for the 22mm upgrade.
Just about to put a new outer shell on mine. Using 18mm marine ply that i got for a song.

Waiting for a combination of decent weather and our mutual friend to be off shift to give me a hand to fit it. Overlapping the joins with some oak battens I had cut down to size and then have some hardwood weather bar to trim the bottom to avoid wet rot.
All getting painted in jotun demidekk for a good hard wearing finish.

Just about to put a new outer shell on mine. Using 18mm marine ply that i got for a song.

Waiting for a combination of decent weather and our mutual friend to be off shift to give me a hand to fit it. Overlapping the joins with some oak battens I had cut down to size and then have some hardwood weather bar to trim the bottom to avoid wet rot.
All getting painted in jotun demidekk for a good hard wearing finish.

Excellent! Please say hello to the reprobate for me please? I've been in touch with his dad for a game of snooker soon 👍

Northern garden sheds. He Will make it with up to 22mm t&g if required. Try finding someone who will use wood to that thickness.

Couldn't recommend him enough. As per you will have a bit of a wait though.

I'm in the process in trying to sort one out from there & they're fully booked up until November

Northern garden sheds. He Will make it with up to 22mm t&g if required. Try finding someone who will use wood to that thickness.

Couldn't recommend him enough. As per you will have a bit of a wait though.

This. We bought a 12x8 shed with 22mm t&g off them two years ago. It’s as sound now as it was the day it was dropped off. Inside and out. Really top notch.
I'm in the process in trying to sort one out from there & they're fully booked up until November

Doesn’t surprise me.

Built me own last spring- over engineered on purpose but solid as a rock and dry as a bone.
6’x8’ - did the roof ( 2 sections) on the ground and lifted it on - nearly pulled me nads out of their sack. Cheaper than buying ready made but took longer to build than expected.

Built me own last spring- over engineered on purpose but solid as a rock and dry as a bone.
6’x8’ - did the roof ( 2 sections) on the ground and lifted it on - nearly pulled me nads out of their sack. Cheaper than buying ready made but took longer to build than expected.

Did you have the windows in dodgy places and no mechanism to adequately support the roof?

Did you have the windows in dodgy places and no mechanism to adequately support the roof?
Yes - of course - and it’s finished in rusty corrugated iron - candidate for the RIBA Stirling Prize.
Anyway , early night for you and that @Wilfy chap - I ll expect my cuppa on my desk first thing.
Oof! Bet he hasn’t left enough space for the AHU needed.
AHU ? -this is Preston mate - we open the windows , non of that fancy NE hipster stuff on the West Coast.
Pipe runs crossing roof lights no doubt anarl.
This is correct- stops the burglars getting in . See ? Services and security combined- wouldn’t have though of that now would you eh ? eh ? No.

Last edited:
Yes - of course - and it’s finished in rusty corrugated iron - candidate for the RIBA Stirling Prize.
Anyway , early night for you and that @Wilfy chap - I ll expect my cuppa on my desk first thing.

AHU ? -this is Preston mate - we open the windows , non of that fancy NE hipster stuff on the West Coast.

This is correct- stops the burglars getting in . See ? Services and security combined- wouldn’t have though of that now would you eh ? eh ? No.
Bet you built it out of non standard size timber anarl.

This is correct- stops the burglars getting in . See ? Services and security combined- wouldn’t have though of that now would you eh ? eh ?

Thanks for emailing me a picture of your RIBA award winning structure.

Logon or register to see this image

Thanks for emailing me a picture of your RIBA award winning structure.

Logon or register to see this image
How did you get in my garden ? -it’s more secure than Old Trafford.
Bet you built it out of non standard size timber anarl.
59 x 34 cls scant posts - taken from the shithouse doorframe off a Fleetwood trawler. Authentic.

Last edited:

Back