Gooch and O'Nien

Loved o’niens tackle on their no3 last night. Clean as a whistle, didn’t react to his pushing and shoving afterwards and the lad didn’t fancy it after that and went off.

f***ing love him.

My favorite players at the moment. Really good to see players with this much commitment, positivity, and drive at the club.

To be fair, credit to Jack Ross for his man management of Luke O’ Nien.

I don’t know if O’ Nien has spoken about Ross publicly, but this player has completely transformed since his first SAFC performance.

I don’t know if O’ Nien has spoken about Ross publicly, but this player has completely transformed since his first SAFC performance.
He's a great energy outlet who gets us upfield but he really needs to work on his shooting. He could have had four or five in the last three games excluding the wonder strike against the post.

O'Nien showed up here raring to go. And I love the behind-the-scenes vids on SAFC.com. I feel like he's always first down the steps, big smile, shaking hands with everyone, checking in with the kids lining up for autographs, etc. What a breath of fresh air.

O'Nien showed up here raring to go. And I love the behind-the-scenes vids on SAFC.com. I feel like he's always first down the steps, big smile, shaking hands with everyone, checking in with the kids lining up for autographs, etc. What a breath of fresh air.

Hes living out my/our dream, and I think hes shows it.

He looks like he knows how "lucky" he is to have this as a job, even though he obviously works hard to be in the profession.

O’Nien is always a candidate for man of the match.
Lately he appears to be getting a bit cocky and getting involved in confrontation with opponents which will only end up with unnecessary yellow cards.

The shit O’Nien got not long back was uncalled for. People expect utter too much from players. What we’re getting from these two at the moment is fantastic stuff.

O’Nien is always a candidate for man of the match.
Lately he appears to be getting a bit cocky and getting involved in confrontation with opponents which will only end up with unnecessary yellow cards.

I think he's learning that, in this league, you have to play teams at their own game and be a shithouse.

Couldn’t agree more. Positivity breeds positivity. It has to rub off at others at the club, need more like him.

Back