Gomorrah

Does it matter when you watch L’immortale in terms of the series?

Only just finally getting around to watching the latest series (up to 4 or 5 now I think) so probably just as well watching all of it now then L’immortale. Just wasn't sure if it was best watched before or after a specific series.

Only just finally getting around to watching the latest series (up to 4 or 5 now I think) so probably just as well watching all of it now then L’immortale. Just wasn't sure if it was best watched before or after a specific series.
After you've finished watching all the series available at the minute.

Yes mate finish the series first.

What did you think of season 4? I really liked it especially that last 2 episodes but it seems I'm in the minority.

I binge watched all 4 series and the film recently and thought that just about every episode was excellent.

I'd previously watched the whole lot before, and sometimes got a bit confused about what was happening. However, that was not the case when I rewatched them in one fell swoop, as I could easily remember what had happened in previous episodes, even at my age!

A brilliant programme and highly recommended if you haven't already seen it (you soon get used to the subtitles).

What did you think of season 4? I really liked it especially that last 2 episodes but it seems I'm in the minority.

I thought it was very good. During the first half of it I was questioning a little bit about where it was going (London episode seemed a bit weird for example) but then it was all brought together well.
By the end you had a real appreciation of how Genny had tried to break away and "go straight" but was drawn back into it. In a similar way you got the same with Patrizia with an understanding of how she was struggling to get to grips with the motherhood. Looking back, throughout the whole series they wove into it how even the inner circles can't always be trusted no matter what the history/system.

Thought the final scene was somewhat strange though but was also clearly symbolic of how Genny had talked of being different from his Father, how he ended up trapped by the power etc yet that's where he has still ended up.

Talk of the next series being the final one and in a way I hope that is true. Comes a stage when the story has been told and you're simply rehashing things.

I thought it was very good. During the first half of it I was questioning a little bit about where it was going (London episode seemed a bit weird for example) but then it was all brought together well.
By the end you had a real appreciation of how Genny had tried to break away and "go straight" but was drawn back into it. In a similar way you got the same with Patrizia with an understanding of how she was struggling to get to grips with the motherhood. Looking back, throughout the whole series they wove into it how even the inner circles can't always be trusted no matter what the history/system.

Thought the final scene was somewhat strange though but was also clearly symbolic of how Genny had talked of being different from his Father, how he ended up trapped by the power etc yet that's where he has still ended up.

Talk of the next series being the final one and in a way I hope that is true. Comes a stage when the story has been told and you're simply rehashing things.
Patrizia didn’t have any kids did she, weren’t they her siblings?

She was pregnant in Series 4 though.

I think it's setup for an explosive final series. Looking forward to finding out more about the mysterious Mistral character who helped Genny out.

There a spoilers about the film in this thread so be careful.

Last edited:
Sorry, I missed "potential" from before motherhood. Was referring to the pregnancy, the visits to her brother to ask what she'd be like as a Mother etc.
She was pregnant in Series 4 though.

I think it's setup for an explosive final series. Looking forward to finding out more about the mysterious Mistral character who helped Genny out.

There a spoilers about the film in this thread so be careful.

Think I've already seen them ☹️

I have just finished ep10 so am nearing the end and have really enjoyed the whole of series 4 ....i think the extra characters have given a bit more depth to it all and to be honest i havnt missed Ciro at all. S4 has been better than season 1 for me

In order of favourites it is 1,4,3,2 for me.

Gotta be honest and say that that there is little to choose between them...i expected after reading comments on here that the quality would dip in S4 ...but it really hasnt. There is a little less "tension" i feel...maybe because Patritzia doesnt quite deliver that level of toughness required and generally is lacking in any kind of emotion...but that is offset by the underlying themes of mistrust and disloyalty which have driven this exciting season

Back