Gomorrah

Anar. Worra bastard. A possible way for Ciro to be back next series maybe? I am proper grasping at straws to get him a relevant storyline.

He either tops himself, kills Malamore then tops himself, or goes full on psycho meglomaniac to try and be the new Don - no building alliances crap he just gets everyone to do what he says.

He has showed weakness now though so don't see how he can be a don without Gennys help now.
There's going to have to be a new character to challenge Genny unless they develop Malamore's role. Ciro would have to work with the new character to rebuild his reputation and power base then move in to take over.

I think I'm the bloke who originally recommended this show to the board. I've avoided reading this thread till I've watched series two. Now it's finished I'm going to binge it. Am watching series one again first and I just wanted to say I really appreciate the Savastano family's quiet good taste in interior decor. Conte's mam and people lower down the Savastano food chain have the same kind of kips. How the hell did this country ever get a reputation for stylishness? Borgen this show is not.

Just watched the last episode - tremendous. When Ciro iced Pietro it was like another Philly Leotardo moment, I was cheering.

I had mixed emotions. Loved Ciros character but Pietro was a great character too. That is the problem with these mafia dramas, great characters have to be killed off at times.

Oh aye, kernts trick. Ciro does him a favour by murdering Pietros wife and that is how he repays him.
Haway, as Genny realised murdering the kid is on another level - that said arguing the merits or the opposite of that for murders is s difficult one. Not like the US Mafia which has standards.

Found the album with all the music from series one on apple music. Love most of it.
Music is outstanding and gave it all that heavy mood ,the idea of the same bit coming in at the end of every episode was genius .
We moan about some of the Uk but those estates looked bleak
Key moment for me
Genny coming back as a bad Mofo with the Mohican,but it was all outstanding stuff

Music is outstanding and gave it all that heavy mood ,the idea of the same bit coming in at the end of every episode was genius .
We moan about some of the Uk but those estates looked bleak
Key moment for me
Genny coming back as a bad Mofo with the Mohican,but it was all outstanding stuff
Aye. Gennys character development was rapid but brilliant and continued well into series 2. Napoli looks grim but the series has made me want to go there. The music is all done by an artist named Mokadelic if anyone is interested.

I've had a right good time reading this thread, didn't know it existed but watched all the series first and I'm about half way through the book that spawned it.

I got interested in the book first as I saw Saviano interviewed on BBC news but ended up watching the series before reading the book which is the wrong way round but interesting nonetheless, and you can see where the fiction of the series was inspired by.

The book makes lots of reference to the Naples docks and the mob's links to major Italian fashion houses which isn't mentioned in the series which is interesting.

As it happens I've a mate who's just come back from working in the docks over there and says it's amazing absolute shithole which ties in.

Lastly, Saviono is supposed to have a price on his head following the book so whilst in hiding has decided to write a similar book on the current Colombian drug trade. He mustn't like feeling safe the daft fucker !

Back