Golf experts - iron shafts or graphite?

Interesting, my Wilson set is ancient, I will probably upgrade the whole lot soon but just looking at the driver for now.
Aye driver will have a graphite shaft. If new get yourself a try of the Ping G400. Or if buying used like I usually do, any driver from the last 3 years will be as good as a new one today and that's only because they reached the max what a driver can legally do about 3 or 4 years ago and now its just about forgiveness across the club face.

Have a look at TXG on Youtube or Mygolfspy as they will give you a run down on new equipment.

Last edited:
Aye driver will have a graphite shaft. If new get yourself a try of the Ping G400. Or if buying used like I usually do, any driver from the last 3 years will be as good as a new one today and that's only because they reached the max what ad driver and legally do about 3 or 4 years ago and now its just about forgiveness across the club face.

Have a look at TXG on Youtube or Mygolfspy as they will give you a run down on new equipment.

nice one

My good ol wilson set has iron shafts on everything, but I was testing a driver with a graphite shaft and it was fantastic.

Are the graphites more forgiving?

Pros and cons?
Depends on age, swing speed etc. You find the OAP's have graphite shafts throughout. Best to see a pro with a launch monitor and see what he recommends.

Nobody still uses steel shafted drivers or 3 woods any more. There is a reason for that. Most important thing to do is to get the right flex graphite shaft. If you swing it quick then go for stiff or xstiff. What handicap are you btw? Regular flex might be best if you’re shite or an old knacker.

Back