Golf 2024 official thread

Played up at Beamish yesterday. First time I’ve played there and first time I’ve golfed on my own. Enjoyed the latter way more than I thought I would.

Going to be well into May before courses dry out if the long forecast is to be believed. It’s been spot on so far this year
I've been out at beamish half a dozen times in the last couple of months and it's played quite well (all things considering).
So much so that I've joined, it's not even as hilly as I had previously thought, just one or two brutal ones.

I've been out at beamish half a dozen times in the last couple of months and it's played quite well (all things considering).
So much so that I've joined, it's not even as hilly as I had previously thought, just one or two brutal ones.
The 18th is a steep way to finish a long walk. How much for a membership there?
I like to stick a earbud in; listen to a podcast or music when I have a round by myself. Focuses the mind a little bit
Considered but I do that when I’m running so a break from
Background noise for me.

Last edited:
won’t be many courses open today like (or probably shouldn’t be) part form some coastal courses.

Two rounds organised at the weekend right up for it and course may be closed in April man, April!
Dunstanburgh shut today due to excessive water on the course.
Same up your old gaff, both courses which is rare.
Anyone on here partaking?

50/50 course is open

Last edited:
Joking aside , I’m over the moon I opted for the point membership rather than annual .

That would have been 60 holes , holes not rounds played in seven months .
Jesus. Sure thats same system my ex boss uses there. You’d be raging paying full whack.

Back