Golf 2022

Give you a game on a Monday night at wearside like Marra, message spuff the cheating twat. He’ll be trying to hustle 15 shots of us. 😃
Let’s do it.
Give you a game on a Monday night at wearside like Marra, message spuff the cheating twat. He’ll be trying to hustle 15 shots of us. 😃
Anyone ever gotten really really really bad after a few lessons? My putting is decent. Short game not too bad driving and irons at the mo are completely hideous. I suppose it’s a sign of some changes but it’s so frustrating.
Honestly me, I played some courses in Northumberland in July and highest I hit was 85, since I got back my games went to shite, I’m now back to doing lessons as trying to self teach has me in a right mess.

Last edited:

Let’s do it.

Honestly me, I played some courses in Northumberland in July and highest I hit was 85, since I got back my games went to shite, I’m now back to doing lessons as trying to self teach has me in a right mess.
When I first picked up the clubs I could bomb the driver. Not much thought to it. Swing back and through. Now I have a million thoughts going through my head before I pull the trigger. Practice swing looks ok. Get it to parallel. Come in a bit steep. Put me in front of a ball, club gets nowhere near parallel. Short stabby. Mega steep. Early extension. Absolutely drastic.

When I first picked up the clubs I could bomb the driver. Not much thought to it. Swing back and through. Now I have a million thoughts going through my head before I pull the trigger. Practice swing looks ok. Get it to parallel. Come in a bit steep. Put me in front of a ball, club gets nowhere near parallel. Short stabby. Mega steep. Early extension. Absolutely drastic.
I’ve always been a player who played of instinct, never think to much about the overall game but when it goes wrong that’s all you can think about. In the range, hitting them nicely, get on the course and mentally I’m battling against myself

I’ve always been a player who played of instinct, never think to much about the overall game but when it goes wrong that’s all you can think about. In the range, hitting them nicely, get on the course and mentally I’m battling against myself
Yep. Me too. I will have a great warm up. Hit some great shots. Get on the tee and it goes to pot. I teed off on my own last night and thinned my 5 iron into one of those little green boxes which hold spare soil and a little shovel. It sounded like a gun going off and the ball ended up behind me. I scared the shit out of the ladies on the 18th green :lol: I just walked off and put my head down.

Yep. Me too. I will have a great warm up. Hit some great shots. Get on the tee and it goes to pot. I teed off on my own last night and thinned my 5 iron into one of those little green boxes which hold spare soil and a little shovel. It sounded like a gun going off and the ball ended up behind me. I scared the shit out of the ladies on the 18th green :lol: I just walked off and put my head down.
Oh aye, I know that feeling. I played rockcliffe on Friday (fantastic btw). We got let through as we were a two ball with buggy, par 3, nice easy 7 iron, out the hossle of the club, straight left into the bushes. Head down, walk off. I’m getting regular lessons now, and I’ll continue them when I’m back to my best. It shouldn’t be the case of only having them when your going through a rough patch.

Oh aye, I know that feeling. I played rockcliffe on Friday (fantastic btw). We got let through as we were a two ball with buggy, par 3, nice easy 7 iron, out the hossle of the club, straight left into the bushes. Head down, walk off. I’m getting regular lessons now, and I’ll continue them when I’m back to my best. It shouldn’t be the case of only having them when your going through a rough patch.
My problem is I have gone from coach to coach looking for the magic fix. Time to accept it doesn’t work. I’m just going to stick to one drill/fix until it sorted then work on something else

My problem is I have gone from coach to coach looking for the magic fix. Time to accept it doesn’t work. I’m just going to stick to one drill/fix until it sorted then work on something else
A good pro will only work on one thing at a time, I use Gary Shipley at Sunderland and he’s great.

Play most Monday nights around 4.30/5.00 if anyone fancies a knock
Some late sundays anarl

@buster
@SPUFF @Major
@Stepover

Anyone do Monday July 4th. Circa 4.30 to 5?

Nee bandits though. I’m off 14 and gave spuff 20 shots then he comes on here talking hitting 90’s for fucks sake 😂😉😉
😂
😂
Reckon I average about 95 now.

Im away that week but play smb 5 a side monday nights like but wel sort some other time.
My course has stuck another fiver on weekrnds now. Id be interested whst yous think of it but think the greens would put you off.
Played teeside yesterday n the tee boxes were better than our greens!
Nice course that like, flattest ive ever played!

Shot my first round under 90 on my holiday today. Playing with rented clubs (a real Frankenstein’s Monster set) and had an absolute blast.

Strangely the greens were running a lot slower and so I know I gave away a half dozen shots back to the course.

Slowly developing my game, scores getting lower and hopefully by the end of summer I can be low/mid 80’s on the regular.

Back