Golf 2022

Must be 5 year since I played it. Are any of the young trees getting up now? It always had potential but was never ran by golf people. Is the clubhouse open yet? :lol:
Just opened! 😂

22 yr old now n trees just not growing. Its either the high winds or smogs too close.

I've had the shotscope V3 for about a year and been impressed with it.
If you not bothered about the club tags then the G3 is basically the same bit without tags and shot tracking

I have the v3 as well. I like it, and like the tracking.

Don't have any experience with other watches to say if it's better or worse.

Boldon. Aim this year is to break 100... I hit 101 a few times and 100 once last year. Also hit in the 90s but not when full tees are on.

I feel like I did improve last year but scores don't seem to have improved if that makes sense :lol:

I use a subscription to GolfPad GPS (£20 a year) and link it to my galaxy watch, works well for shot tracking, really quick and easy to do and can be switched to tournament mode if needed.
Cheers. I might give that another go. I used it with the phone years ago before I had the Apple Watch so might see how it works now. Before having the watch it was just a pain taking the phone in and out of pocket all the time.

Its really good from my perspective, greens are in decent nick and its not snobby at all + y mates can have a round for £6 which is nowt. The hole is either the third (par three 170 yards ish) or the fifth where you hit over the hill and is surrounded by trees. For what I pay, its location and my skill level I'm more than happy
Played there last month the greens are in fantastic nick

First round of the year in the bag at Whitburn. Avoiding 3 putts didn't last long, 2nd hole to be precise :rolleyes:
Managed to score on every hole though, birdie on the par 5, 8th and round in 84. Not to bad for the first knock in 2 months. Society day at Sharpley on Sunday, weather looks good for the time of year too
you will enjoy the greens at sharpley they are beautiful at the minute
Playing South Shields tomorrow looking forward to it

Last edited:
I use a subscription to GolfPad GPS (£20 a year) and link it to my galaxy watch, works well for shot tracking, really quick and easy to do and can be switched to tournament mode if needed.
Really bugs me that Fitbit don’t do a decent Golf app. My mate has an excellent Garmin watch, I use Golfshot on my phone, which interfaces with Apple Watch. Fitbits have diddlysquat though, strange given how many golfers must wear one..

Really bugs me that Fitbit don’t do a decent Golf app. My mate has an excellent Garmin watch, I use Golfshot on my phone, which interfaces with Apple Watch. Fitbits have diddlysquat though, strange given how many golfers must wear one..
It would make so much sense. I switched to Samsung Health from Fitbit when I got this watch so I could have it all in one place and not look like a twat with a watch on each wrist. I can't be the only golfer to have moved away from Fitbit.

I've got an huawei gt2 watch which seems to support every sport under the sun apart from golf, for which I have to use my shotscope v1 watch. I've also used golfshot on iphone for years

I've got an huawei gt2 watch which seems to support every sport under the sun apart from golf, for which I have to use my shotscope v1 watch. I've also used golfshot on iphone for years
Ditto n the next one up only records each swing speed, whats the feckin use in that!?

Think I pay 3 quid a year for golf GPS app on fitbit. Its basic but does what it needs to

played Ramside PB today (only second round in 2 months). 15 points out and a pitiful 10 coming in which included a 4 pointer 🙈 🙈.

Back out on Winter league Sunday morning

Back