Golf 2022

@Major - Boldon

Goal this year for me, simply find my mojo again. I was hitting low 80’s and looked on course to break it. My swing then went to pot and I’ve not been able to get back to where I was.
This time last year you played well at sharpley when we played with spuff.
Your initials arent SK by any chance?
No mate. What’s birtley like these days. Christ haven’t played it in 25 year. I can just remember a cracking hole down the hill covered by trees. ?

Last edited:
Suprised nobody on here plays Ravensworth?

No good for me now but had corporate a few year. Ballache crossing rounds etc but thought it was a challenging, friendly, spotless course.

Suprised nobody on here plays Ravensworth?

No good for me now but had corporate a few year. Ballache crossing rounds etc but thought it was a challenging, friendly, spotless course.

Played in a charity do there last year , enjoyed it but can understand why folk aren’t keen.

This time last year you played well at sharpley when we played with spuff.

No mate. What’s birtley like these days. Christ haven’t played it in 25 year. I can just remember a cracking hole down the hill covered by trees. ?
Its really good from my perspective, greens are in decent nick and its not snobby at all + y mates can have a round for £6 which is nowt. The hole is either the third (par three 170 yards ish) or the fifth where you hit over the hill and is surrounded by trees. For what I pay, its location and my skill level I'm more than happy

Club Member List
@Brooneye - Whitburn
@Dendinho - Ramside
@SPUFF - Throston
@harmy - Ramside
@Flip - Birtley
@Motor City Cobra - close house (Filly)
@Major - Boldon
@buster Close House (Filly )
@Spam Javelin - Whitburn
@wilma56 - Ramside
@trustnoone - Seaham
@SAFC_FTM - Seaham
@dandanthetentman - Boldon

I enjoy visiting Ravensworth, I just feel it's let down by 1 or 2 holes, #6 springs to mind, where you tee off into the side of the hill and there's no fairway as such. Mind it's a few years since I played there, so it may have changed a bit.
I've not played Ramside, don't know why, just never got round to it.
Throston, I got my only HIO at a few years ago, enjoy the layout there and I believe they've now got green staff to keep it in decent condition.

Last edited:
Its really good from my perspective, greens are in decent nick and its not snobby at all + y mates can have a round for £6 which is nowt. The hole is either the third (par three 170 yards ish) or the fifth where you hit over the hill and is surrounded by trees. For what I pay, its location and my skill level I'm more than happy
Yes the par 3. Downhill with trees on the left. Always liked that hole.

Club Member List
@Brooneye - Whitburn
@Dendinho - Ramside
@SPUFF - Throston
@harmy - Ramside
@Flip - Birtley
@Motor City Cobra - close house (Filly)
@Major - Boldon
@buster Close House (Filly )
@Spam Javelin - Whitburn
@wilma56 - Ramside
@trustnoone - Seaham
@SAFC_FTM - Seaham
@dandanthetentman - Boldon

I enjoy visiting Ravensworth, I just feel it's let down by 1 or 2 holes, #6 springs to mind, where you tee off into the side of the hill and there's no fairway as such. Mind it's a few years since I played there, so it may have changed a bit.
I've not played Ramside, don't know why, just never got round to it.
Throston, I got my only HIO at a few years ago, enjoy the layout there and I believe they've now got green staff to keep it in decent condition.
That was always the issue with throston. The lay out was decent, condition and greens utter shite.

You’d be stunned at the graft put in last 18 month like. In canny nick!
Must be 5 year since I played it. Are any of the young trees getting up now? It always had potential but was never ran by golf people. Is the clubhouse open yet? :lol:

My trusty garmin s2 I think has finally bit the bullet. Anyone any recommendations on a good replacement?
I've had the shotscope V3 for about a year and been impressed with it.
If you not bothered about the club tags then the G3 is basically the same bit without tags and shot tracking

Back