Golf 2022

Same as usual folks. All things golf related for us to chat about. What's your plans what courses are you playing what's your realistic handicap hopes etc etc.

This year for me it's to get into single figures. Started the year off round about 19 finished off at 11.2 so I've for to knock off 2. Gonna take some lessons cos my putting is shocking tbh and the Mrs wants to come along and learn to play too.

Well hit my goal for last year was to have a playing handicap of single figures. Managed to do that. My goal this year is to get myself further down, ideally what would equate to having a playing handicap of 7.
Im hopefully gonna get to the range and practice more this year which I managed to do quite a lot in the early part of 2021.

Hopefully having my first round of the year tomorrow.
My aim is simply to play a couple of times per week. Not arsed about handicap goals as I’d rather have a laugh with mates than play competitive golf.

Hoping I can finally shave a few shots off my handicap this year, just couldn't play regularly enough last year to move it at all, but did finish 2 under (nett) yesterday to end the year well, albeit only 9 holes.

Started last year with a 24 handicap and now down to 19.5
Managed to win the Order of Merit last year at Whitburn so have now got my name on the winners board in the clubhouse (which I never ever thought possible)

Aiming to try and get down to either 15 or 16 this year and have booked to play in a few Opens.

All the best in your golfing exploits this year folks 👍

Last edited:
Barely played the last 18 month what through f***ing my wrist and the kids football and stuff taking up too much time - hoping to get out a bit more this year again as they're a bit older now. Dropped my membership though cos just not getting value for money

Barely played the last 18 month what through f***ing my wrist and the kids football and stuff taking up too much time - hoping to get out a bit more this year again as they're a bit older now. Dropped my membership though cos just not getting value for money
Rejoin as it will force you to get out on the course.

Rejoin as it will force you to get out on the course.

Not at the min mate, boys footy, princesses swimming takes up the weekend and it's too far to the course on a night when I'm done at work - I've only deferred the membership so only have to pay 40% of the greenfee whenever I can get so not so bad - can do it for upto 3 year so decent deal tbh

My goal this year is to break 90. Reckon I’ll do it. Need to get out more if I can.

That was my nemesis as well.
I found that when playing in strokeplay competitions you have to think about every single shot, which helped get rid of 5-6 daft shots I’d usually make each round.
Managed to card a few rounds last year between 87-89 doing that. 👍

That was my nemesis as well.
I found that when playing in strokeplay competitions you have to think about every single shot, which helped get rid of 5-6 daft shots I’d usually make each round.
Managed to card a few rounds last year between 87-89 doing that. 👍
It's the discipline required to chip out of the trees rather than aiming for a 6 inch wide corridor, or lay up short of water from the rough that's so difficult to remember late in a round when you're chasing a score. I've had so many card wreckers on the final few holes recently.

It's the discipline required to chip out of the trees rather than aiming for a 6 inch wide corridor, or lay up short of water from the rough that's so difficult to remember late in a round when you're chasing a score. I've had so many card wreckers on the final few holes recently.

Absolutely, take your medicine and don’t go for the ridiculous.
I’ve stood there in the past standing in deep rough thinking “oh I can get my 3 wood to this and smash it onto the green” :lol:

Back