Golf 2022

That leads me onto a question I was going to ask.
I’m looking at replacing my Ping irons at the end of the year as I’ve had them 10 years now.
With my height (6ft 6”) and being a leftie I don’t have a lot of choice of clubs and defaulted last time I got measured up at American Golf.

From your post it looks like Castle Eden might be worth a look and I’ve heard Heworth does a decent selection and fitting, can anyone recommend any others ?
I'm a lefty marra and you get the same selection of clubs as the weirdo right handers get. You might have to pay a little extra and wait a couple extra weeks for delivery tho. I bought cobra radspeed irons last year and they are fantastic clubs.

Heading up to Speyside and Aberdeen for a week.

Playing Cruden Bay, it's been on my wishlist for a while.
Cruden Bay is a belter. My favourite holes are generally like the 5th where you hit your tee shot from an elevated dune and the remainder of the hole is played through a valley of dunes. I played it five days in a row and never made a par but I still loved the hole.

Cruden Bay is a belter. My favourite holes are generally like the 5th where you hit your tee shot from an elevated dune and the remainder of the hole is played through a valley of dunes. I played it five days in a row and never made a par but I still loved the hole.
I'll come back and tell you I birdied it, even if I take a 9.

I'm hoping to play Cullen Links and Old Moray too, but haven't booked them yet.

I'll come back and tell you I birdied it, even if I take a 9.

I'm hoping to play Cullen Links and Old Moray too, but haven't booked them yet.
There is a fish and chip shop on the harbour at Peterhead that was excellent when we visited about ten years ago. The menu was variations of Haddock & Chips and that was it. The opening hours were absolutely daft and something like 4 am to 6 pm. A bit of research has informed me that it is The Dolphin Cafe.

So I played again today, spent some time on the range before playing and was fortunate to have the club pro waiting around for a client that never showed. You were all right, I am lifting before I complete my swing.... the club pro helped me out and had me rotate my forward arm a little more clockwise to steady out my shots. Felt weird and will take some getting used to but I had a lot less errant shots today. Clubs felt a lot better and the range time definitely helped, were it not for back to back Quad Bogeys at the 6th and 7th I'd have broke 90 - as it was I ended up with a 96 and I am definitely looking forward to getting back out to play again. Dropping the hybrids for blades was a great decision.
That's good feedback from the pro, sounds like you had a little bit of a weak grip and from that every thing you do from there is catching up and making the most of what will be a hard to control swing. Small changes to any part of the swing, even from just gripping the club can be really strange to start. Get yourself back to the pro once a month and have him give you things to work on. You'll come on quick if you do.

Changing hybrids for probably the hardest clubs to hit in a blade, braver man than me, you'll be back to hybrids sooner than you think :lol:

That's good feedback from the pro, sounds like you had a little bit of a weak grip and from that every thing you do from there is catching up and making the most of what will be a hard to control swing. Small changes to any part of the swing, even from just gripping the club can be really strange to start. Get yourself back to the pro once a month and have him give you things to work on. You'll come on quick if you do.

Changing hybrids for probably the hardest clubs to hit in a blade, braver man than me, you'll be back to hybrids sooner than you think :lol:
Never going back to hybrids... I don't know what it is about them but I just have no confidence with them. Already hitting my 4i and 3i better than I ever hit the hybrids.... but I have set up lessons with the pro so we will see how that works out.

Never going back to hybrids... I don't know what it is about them but I just have no confidence with them. Already hitting my 4i and 3i better than I ever hit the hybrids.... but I have set up lessons with the pro so we will see how that works out.
If you can hit a 3 or 4 iron blade better than a hybrid then you have time to make the champions tour yet :lol:

If you can hit a 3 or 4 iron blade better than a hybrid then you have time to make the champions tour yet :lol:
at my age it would be the seniors... I don't know what it is about the hybrids, they just never clicked, I then rented a set on holiday and the 3i 4i combo just played so right... It's not like I am booming the irons huge distances (or any club really), but I just get a much cleaner contact. I even dropped my 5w for a 2i (that one is a little trickier to hit, but new so I am going to practice that one).

83 gross on the Cathedral this afternoon, picked up me new irons afterwards.

That’ll be me buggered for a month or so then.
got my new irons (ping g425) in december and still not used to the distances yet. hitting them much further than my old irons .

I cant for rhe life of me use my hybrid like(csllaway xr), fortunately kept my old 4i when I gave my old irons away, probably my favourite club😂
To be honest it took me a good while to get used to hitting one, it was in the bag then out, then back in and now in for good. Dropped the 4i and 3i for a 4hy.

A very versatile club once you get the hang of it.

To be honest it took me a good while to get used to hitting one, it was in the bag then out, then back in and now in for good. Dropped the 4i and 3i for a 4hy.

A very versatile club once you get the hang of it.
I had a cheap Dunlop one previously that I could use, but the face was flat like an iron😂

Played again today.... 8:15am tee time with no warm up (that was my first mistake)...

After the first hole I wanted to just jack it in, but I was playing solo so just slowed myself down and on with it. Didn't get any better until the 6th when I drained a long one to get a par, by this time though I was already 7+, but that par save triggered something (along with the video from Rick Shiels that I watched yesterday) and the rest of the holes were so much fun to play. The 2,3,4i combo instead of the hybrids really started to work well for me. Not trying hero shots from the rough and through trees helped as well. My outward 9 holes ended up being a 9+ 45. but the return home was a 3+ 39!!!! I've never played a 9 hole stretch in the 30's before!!! Total score is a lifetime low of 84 (12+) and I am absolutely buzzin!!!

Played again today.... 8:15am tee time with no warm up (that was my first mistake)...

After the first hole I wanted to just jack it in, but I was playing solo so just slowed myself down and on with it. Didn't get any better until the 6th when I drained a long one to get a par, by this time though I was already 7+, but that par save triggered something (along with the video from Rick Shiels that I watched yesterday) and the rest of the holes were so much fun to play. The 2,3,4i combo instead of the hybrids really started to work well for me. Not trying hero shots from the rough and through trees helped as well. My outward 9 holes ended up being a 9+ 45. but the return home was a 3+ 39!!!! I've never played a 9 hole stretch in the 30's before!!! Total score is a lifetime low of 84 (12+) and I am absolutely buzzin!!!

Which crazy golf course were you playing ? 🤣😉.
Just joking mate, that’s a cracking back 9. Well done 👏

f***ing bandit.

You folks are probably getting bored with my updates, but as a newer golfer I'm really enjoying playing and getting better.

Carded another round of 84 today and but a triple bogey at the 9th and a couple of missed birdie shots could have got into the 70's which for me to even think about shooting so soon after starting playing is crazy. Out in 44 back in 40 and now just need to be more consistent with my driver. Loving my golf life right now.

You folks are probably getting bored with my updates, but as a newer golfer I'm really enjoying playing and getting better.

Carded another round of 84 today and but a triple bogey at the 9th and a couple of missed birdie shots could have got into the 70's which for me to even think about shooting so soon after starting playing is crazy. Out in 44 back in 40 and now just need to be more consistent with my driver. Loving my golf life right now.
Keep it going mate, the key to lower scores is making sure you don't 2 bad shots in a row. If you mess up, take your medicine and get it back into play

Back