Golf 2022

Last edited:
Have just bought some new Nike golf spikes and only wore them once. Got a size to big and these are too big. Size 11. Latest Nike shoes.

Nike Air Zoom Infinity Tour NEXT% black ones.​

Pm me for more details.

Help Needed.

So I bought some new clubs (Irons and wedges) and played with them for the first time today and I struggled.... BADLY.

So I replaced my Facebook marketplace Maxfli clubs with some with a great rating on Facebook and that were said to be forgiving for newer golfers. For the past few weeks I have been playing around 90(ish) but today I couldn't get close to it. My biggest problem so far has been a wicked slice and a tendancy to top the ball... today though every tee shot skewed left (straight as an arrow but way left) and my fairway shots and short game saw me striking the ground well in front of the ball and not connecting well.... I am not sure where I went wrong, or what has changed to make my game deteriorate so badly... another thing is that I didn't seem to be able to hit the ball as far today....

Anyone got any suggestions?

Help Needed.

So I bought some new clubs (Irons and wedges) and played with them for the first time today and I struggled.... BADLY.

So I replaced my Facebook marketplace Maxfli clubs with some with a great rating on Facebook and that were said to be forgiving for newer golfers. For the past few weeks I have been playing around 90(ish) but today I couldn't get close to it. My biggest problem so far has been a wicked slice and a tendancy to top the ball... today though every tee shot skewed left (straight as an arrow but way left) and my fairway shots and short game saw me striking the ground well in front of the ball and not connecting well.... I am not sure where I went wrong, or what has changed to make my game deteriorate so badly... another thing is that I didn't seem to be able to hit the ball as far today....

Have you tried bowls?

Help Needed.

Sounds like your swing is all over the place and your heads gone marra.

Take a break, even a week or two is my advice. I’m finishing a 3 week sabbatical, golfs hard 😎😀
slice, top, you are lifting your body up at contact, its not the clubs
He’s chunking it anarl.

Last edited:
Help Needed.

Anyone got any suggestions, you have faults in your swing

What clubs did you get? Are they heavier/lighter than what you had, longer/shorter, is the lie angle correctly set for your swing? All of that matters to some point. Though as you've said your'e a beginner and the tops, slices, pulls and fats are all top of the swing fault list.

You could have one thing wrong, early extension, over the top, no weight shift, not been able to find the bottom of your swing, casting, strong or weak grip or all of them (yesterday I went through 6 holes on the bounce topping my driver and 5 wood and all because I didn't shift my weight) I've gone through all of those and the only real thing that sorted me out was a few golf lessons. I only wish I did that at the start as it would of stopped a good few years of frustration 🤬

Video yourself, from down the line and face on. The compare yourself with tour pros swings and see what basics they do. Failing that I'd recommend Danny Maud, Chris Ryan and Marcus Bell.

Good luck with it, its a bitch of a game!

What clubs did you get? Are they heavier/lighter than what you had, longer/shorter, is the lie angle correctly set for your swing? All of that matters to some point. Though as you've said your'e a beginner and the tops, slices, pulls and fats are all top of the swing fault list.

You could have one thing wrong, early extension, over the top, no weight shift, not been able to find the bottom of your swing, casting, strong or weak grip or all of them (yesterday I went through 6 holes on the bounce topping my driver and 5 wood and all because I didn't shift my weight) I've gone through all of those and the only real thing that sorted me out was a few golf lessons. I only wish I did that at the start as it would of stopped a good few years of frustration 🤬

Video yourself, from down the line and face on. The compare yourself with tour pros swings and see what basics they do. Failing that I'd recommend Danny Maud, Chris Ryan and Marcus Bell.

Good luck with it, its a bitch of a game!
So I played again today, spent some time on the range before playing and was fortunate to have the club pro waiting around for a client that never showed. You were all right, I am lifting before I complete my swing.... the club pro helped me out and had me rotate my forward arm a little more clockwise to steady out my shots. Felt weird and will take some getting used to but I had a lot less errant shots today. Clubs felt a lot better and the range time definitely helped, were it not for back to back Quad Bogeys at the 6th and 7th I'd have broke 90 - as it was I ended up with a 96 and I am definitely looking forward to getting back out to play again. Dropping the hybrids for blades was a great decision.

Yeah he is. I’ve had all my stuff fit by him, he’ll spend a lot of time with different shafts etc and analysing the data and dispersion etc.
Yeah he is. I’ve had all my stuff fit by him, he’ll spend a lot of time with different shafts etc and analysing the data and dispersion etc.

That leads me onto a question I was going to ask.
I’m looking at replacing my Ping irons at the end of the year as I’ve had them 10 years now.
With my height (6ft 6”) and being a leftie I don’t have a lot of choice of clubs and defaulted last time I got measured up at American Golf.

From your post it looks like Castle Eden might be worth a look and I’ve heard Heworth does a decent selection and fitting, can anyone recommend any others ?

Last edited:
That leads me onto a question I was going to ask.
I’m looking at replacing my Ping irons at the end of the year as I’ve had them 10 years now.
With my height (6ft 6”) and being a leftie I don’t have a lot of choice of clubs and defaulted last time I got measured up at American Golf.

From your post it looks like Castle Eden might be worth a look and I’ve heard Heworth does a decent selection and fitting, can anyone recommend any others ?
Not sure tbh. I went from Ping to Mizuno after a fitting with him. The mizuno fitting system was really good. He stocks all of the big brands TM. Callaway. Ping. Mizuno. Titleist etc. he will get you a trade in price on your pings too I would imagine. He calls golfbidder and takes their offer from your balance. Good fella. Never tries to take the piss. I’ve used him the last two fittings now.

Not sure tbh. I went from Ping to Mizuno after a fitting with him. The mizuno fitting system was really good. He stocks all of the big brands TM. Callaway. Ping. Mizuno. Titleist etc. he will get you a trade in price on your pings too I would imagine. He calls golfbidder and takes their offer from your balance. Good fella. Never tries to take the piss. I’ve used him the last two fittings now.

Cheers for that. I might give him a visit, sounds promising 👍

Back