Golf 2022

Played today in outstanding conditions, broke 100 so happy with that. Terrified of using my hybrid 3/4i off the deck so really have to learn to hit them as I can’t be hitting my 5i second shot every time
I cant use mine either, raked 4i out of my old set and use that now

Waltz comp yesterday which was fun but I’m happy playing in it once a year. Putting. Chipping. Irons. All decent but my driving is utter shite. It must be costing me 6/7 shots a round at the minute.
A steep swing is not good for anything north of 7 iron. Below that you can get away with it to a degree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played Wimbledon park today, one of the best golf experiences of my life.
£30 as I am a local resident. Due to the tennis tournament coming up / they have sold up to the tennis courts they have changed the course to be a 9 hole which you play twice which is a shame.
First 9 we had no one behind or ahead at our 9am tee time then played behind a 4 ball who let us through after 2 holes and had a clean run. Course was in incredible condition. Played ok and finished on 30 points.

Played Wimbledon park today, one of the best golf experiences of my life.
£30 as I am a local resident. Due to the tennis tournament coming up / they have sold up to the tennis courts they have changed the course to be a 9 hole which you play twice which is a shame.
First 9 we had no one behind or ahead at our 9am tee time then played behind a 4 ball who let us through after 2 holes and had a clean run. Course was in incredible condition. Played ok and finished on 30 points.
Think the members got handsomely paid up for doing so as well

Out for the third time in 6 days, back at Chesapeake, VA… after shooting at 99 on Saturday I was hoping for another decent round… started well with a par on the first and a bogey on the second… and then by the time I was through 9 I was already at 58….

Decided to just try and enjoy the back 9, and tried to work out how to use my hybrids (awful things)…

Think I’m going to need a rest before Inplay again… today was 97f for most of the round and I’m knackeree

Meeting in St Andrews next week. Was debating drive/local round but ferk that its a right shank isnt it! 225m n about 5 hours.
Can anyone explain what a Pontoon competition is about ??? We have one Saturday and I'm wondering how and if to play? Thanks in advance
No idea n nowt on google!

Last edited:

Back