Golf 2021

Played The Irvine Golf Club yesterday with in-laws, they're spoiled for golf up in Scotland. The course is great and the greens are unbelievable. I'm desperate to get a game across town at Western Gailes sometime, but the planets never seem to align.

I've gone from hitting a 74 six weeks ago to hitting 101 yesterday and in my mind I'm not playing any differently. This bloody game is infuriating, handicap is only heading one way. I wouldn't mind if my miss was one way, but I'm hooking and slicing with the driver and thinning my irons. Then when I do occasionally make the green in regulation I then 3 putt.

I've gone from hitting a 74 six weeks ago to hitting 101 yesterday and in my mind I'm not playing any differently. This bloody game is infuriating, handicap is only heading one way. I wouldn't mind if my miss was one way, but I'm hooking and slicing with the driver and thinning my irons. Then when I do occasionally make the green in regulation I then 3 putt.

Are you me?!?

Can’t make either I’m afraid, ta though.
What time do I have to get up gaffer? 😆
Played The Irvine Golf Club yesterday with in-laws, they're spoiled for golf up in Scotland. The course is great and the greens are unbelievable. I'm desperate to get a game across town at Western Gailes sometime, but the planets never seem to align.
Hoping for a job for a few weeks in glasgow airport so ill be fitting as many rounds in as poss!!!

Last edited:
Hell of an end to this US open
Cracking last round. Knackered this
Morning.

Rory Unlucky with the bunker but he wasn’t winning anyway, dodgy last round when in contention. Loved to have seen him take this before the Ryder cup but good to see another European win it. Those two putts by rahm were stunning.

Machrihanish was an absolute delight today with sunny, breezy conditions which is just what links golf should be. The front nine is as good as anywhere that I have played and it’s unfortunate that the last four or five holes aren’t at the same level as those you have already played. It’s a ridiculous bargain at the twilight rate of £45.
I barely saw another golfer on the course and got round in three hours despite not knowing where I was going and taking lots of photos.

Aye mate as long as early doors, can you do first thing like or you one of these lazy howers who likes his kip. 😀got my second jab in The afternoon..😎😎
Il play whenever possible mate. Get it booked n ill be there thankyou.
Machrihanish was an absolute delight today with sunny, breezy conditions which is just what links golf should be. The front nine is as good as anywhere that I have played and it’s unfortunate that the last four or five holes aren’t at the same level as those you have already played. It’s a ridiculous bargain at the twilight rate of £45.
I barely saw another golfer on the course and got round in three hours despite not knowing where I was going and taking lots of photos.
Ill put it on me bucket list, only 7 hours drive anyhow! 😂

Last edited:
Picked up me new cobra radspeed irons yesterday. Had them out for a knock today and was 3 under handicap. First time using them and I've hit one of my better rounds. Things can only get better the more I get used to them. Happy days

Back