Golf 2021

I’d give Dunstanburgh a try when you’re up there , that’s a canny course.

Playing today , I’ll let you know what it’s like 😉
😆 okay mate.

Was cheaper available but so many recomended it, it must be good.
Thought is one links, one parkland, one night out!

Played Ramside today, well tried to .

An hour to play the first two holes on the new course , walked off after nine holes in just over three hours.

Stopped for a drink and a bite to eat afterwards , order all food and drink by app to stop anyone getting Covid by going inside to order , payment only in cash to be paid by walking inside to pay at the till , must be Covid free when paying.

What a frigging shambles.
Hate the place to be honest. Every golf experience has been a f***ing faff apart from a charity do I was at.

Hate the place to be honest. Every golf experience has been a f***ing faff apart from a charity do I was at.
Played golf only twice there but had spa days maybe 5 times.

Place just seems infested with shitheads thinking theyre something theyre not! 😆

Got an invite for a third game n ill re-assess.
Has to be popular for a reason.
Cant believe the lengths some lads on here go to to get a tee off though I appreciate its on somes doorstep.

Grew up as a junior at Houghton, loved the place. I’d even consider joining again like, it’s not that far from Boldon.

My name will forever be on the wall as the winner of the first Junior Invitational 😎
I was also a member in my younger days like. Got my name up there anarl. 😎😀.

Always in good nick and a good club
Back then like, always a remember I lad call ‘the moth’ but got pissed off with the wind in the end.

Loved the turn down the bottom
With the par 3 and two par 5’s. Hated the 18th with a passion.😡. Push/slice with driver at the time.
Played golf only twice there but had spa days maybe 5 times.

Place just seems infested with shitheads thinking theyre something theyre not! 😆

Got an invite for a third game n ill re-assess.
Has to be popular for a reason.
Cant believe the lengths some lads on here go to to get a tee off though I appreciate its on somes doorstep.
I’ve got a mid week day off end of June spuff. I’ll Let you know for a potential tee time.

Fancy a game at the filly?

Last edited:

Back then like, always a remember I lad call ‘the moth’ but got pissed off with the wind in the end.

With the par 3 and two par 5’s. Hated the 18th with a passion.😡. Push/slice with driver at the time.

I’ve got a mid week day off end of June spuff. I’ll Let you know for a potential tee time.

Fancy a game at the filly?
Yes mate dependant on date? Thats the week of my trip!

I was playing the Filly yesterday with the same lads I played with at Ramside on Saturday, one of them has had corporate membership there for years and he was talking about not renewing , he’s had enough.

Packing the course out has short term gain for the owners but at what expense ?

Yes mate dependant on date? Thats the week of my trip!
Ahh reet. Your jaunt upto burgham
I was playing the Filly yesterday with the same lads I played with at Ramside on Saturday, one of them has had corporate membership there for years and he was talking about not renewing , he’s had enough.

What was fully like. Not been for a couple of weeks. Greens back to being mint?

I play at Ramside twice a week, I never have any bother getting a tee, or more importantly a pint after. There has been a good amount of members left mind. I'm talking full schools. Good members who should be missed. Course is in great nick at the minute.

Last edited:

Aye it was always in good shape the course like, proper killer in the wind as you say...loved 8-10 as well. 18th was a bastard of a hole, every time. Don’t think I’ve ever got better than a bogey on that hole. Me n the lads played 36 holes a day in the school holidays, cheap as chips babysitting service for me mother I suppose.

I was on 10 one day and a lad I went to primary school with cane hurtling through the trees from the beck on a scrambler, tossed it down the ditch and ran over to us, grabbed a club and joined the group while we waited for the police chopper to move on 😂 Great time as a junior up Houghton 👍🏼

Played Linden Hall this week - must’ve lost half a dozen balls in the thick rough off shots expecting to find it, one stray bounce and was done. Infuriating.

Went round Wearside today bit more consistent - 37 points and greens were in great nick.

Ramside on the Cathedral for a charity golf day tomorrow.

had worse weeks at work tbh! Blagged a corporate membership at Close House thru work, so that’s me officially decamping to Heddon 😉

Back