Golf 2021

Mcilroy withdrew from pro am and his pre tournie press conference

sky sports quoting the Osaka issue in their report find that a bit bizarre tbh

Nice to see Beagles son Rhys Thompson shoot 10 under par on the europro tour. He broke the course record after someone else shot 9 under to match the record. Then a couple of hours later a lad shot a 61 for 11 under :eek: :lol:
You can watch him on Sky Sports Golf

Logon or register to see this image

PGA EuroPro Tour

@PGAEuroProTour

·
5h

Highlights from The IFX Payments Championship
@harleyfordgolf
with
@GianPetrozzi55
victory
@SkySportsGolf
6pm on Tuesday (8th) with repeats at 12am, 7am and 12pm on Wednesday (9th) and further airings to follow
https://twitter.com/PGAEuroProTour/status/1400709755098832897/photo/1

It was remarked on uspga thread about commentators constantly going on about the fella who created Kiawah. This memorial is just as bad. Constantly going on about Jack Nicklaus cos this is his. Must be an American thing cos wouldn't have had good old Peter going on about the creator of a course like these.

waiting on the new driver, 3W, 3i hybrid, 4i and a couple of Hokey wedges to finish the bag. Couldn’t stress getting a fitting more tbh. Has changed how I’m approaching everything tbh.

played Sharpley this week. gross 84. Course is pretty short tbf. Awful front 9, 14pts then 25 on back 9. Despite getting cut, left a few out there.

Work meetings next week - Longhorsley, Slaley and Ramside on the docket. Hopefully not be snapping the clubs come the end of next week 😂

Played Ravenmeadow in Worcester today after a recommendation from @SPUFF last year, cracking little course, reasonably challenging without being needlessly difficult. Greens were fast as fuck after the hot weather this week, which cost me a few extra putts, but otherwise a very pleasant afternoon.

I would highly recommend it for anyone in the area.

Played a County event at Seaham today, played like I had no arms. Greens were iffy and slow. I was surprised because they are nornally top notch. They've spendt some money on the clubhouse and its spot on now.

Played a County event at Seaham today, played like I had no arms. Greens were iffy and slow. I was surprised because they are nornally top notch. They've spendt some money on the clubhouse and its spot on now.

Yeah greens are struggling at the minute.
They top dressed them a few weeks back to get them ready for the county event today but it really didn't take properly at all.

Hoping a couple of weeks of decent weather and they'll be sorted though.

Played houghton for the first time today. Lovely course in excellent condition. Shot 98 and 30 points. The 17th is a killer. My old man is 70 and he was cream cracked at the top.

Played houghton for the first time today. Lovely course in excellent condition. Shot 98 and 30 points. The 17th is a killer. My old man is 70 and he was cream cracked at the top.

Grew up as a junior at Houghton, loved the place. I’d even consider joining again like, it’s not that far from Boldon.

My name will forever be on the wall as the winner of the first Junior Invitational 😎

Played Ramside today, well tried to .

An hour to play the first two holes on the new course , walked off after nine holes in just over three hours.

Stopped for a drink and a bite to eat afterwards , order all food and drink by app to stop anyone getting Covid by going inside to order , payment only in cash to be paid by walking inside to pay at the till , must be Covid free when paying.

What a frigging shambles.

Anyone see the US golf last night? Rahm shot a low score, was 6/7 ahead, got collared by rules officials as he left 18. 5 minutes of speculation from the presenters as to "What's he done?". Turns out it was a positive Covid test, has had to withdraw, believe he must self isolate till Tuesday week, US Open starts on the Thursday. Hope he doesn't develop anything, poor bugger!! Probably cost him £500k😭

Yeah greens are struggling at the minute.
They top dressed them a few weeks back to get them ready for the county event today but it really didn't take properly at all.

Hoping a couple of weeks of decent weather and they'll be sorted though.
I was disappointed because the practice green was rapid

Anyone see the US golf last night? Rahm shot a low score, was 6/7 ahead, got collared by rules officials as he left 18. 5 minutes of speculation from the presenters as to "What's he done?". Turns out it was a positive Covid test, has had to withdraw, believe he must self isolate till Tuesday week, US Open starts on the Thursday. Hope he doesn't develop anything, poor bugger!! Probably cost him £500k😭
The US Open is on 17th June, he should be ok to wait until then.

I've been watching the Women's US Open mainly, the Olympic Club has been absolutely brutal, greens absolutely rock solid, but some great golf.

Played Ramside today, well tried to .

An hour to play the first two holes on the new course , walked off after nine holes in just over three hours.

Stopped for a drink and a bite to eat afterwards , order all food and drink by app to stop anyone getting Covid by going inside to order , payment only in cash to be paid by walking inside to pay at the till , must be Covid free when paying.

What a frigging shambles.
Where we play me n me mate prefer a 2/3/4pm tee off. Often only a dozen on entire course then. Tried a friday morning n hated it. Im shite if i have any hold ups.
Played Ravenmeadow in Worcester today after a recommendation from @SPUFF last year, cracking little course, reasonably challenging without being needlessly difficult. Greens were fast as fuck after the hot weather this week, which cost me a few extra putts, but otherwise a very pleasant afternoon.

I would highly recommend it for anyone in the area.
😃
Played so manycourses last year I had to google that to remember it!
Seen scorecard from there in me bag yesterday. Was my best round of the year iirc so played the last 2 in the dark! 😂
Last was over water with a massive slope to the left?
I had to listen to where my ball landed to find it! Cracking for the money there!
Mind my tenner course up paisley this week was grand.

Last edited:
Where we play me n me mate prefer a 2/3/4pm tee off. Often only a dozen on entire course then. Tried a friday morning n hated it. Im shite if i have any hold ups.

😃
Played so manycourses last year I had to google that to remember it!
Seen scorecard from there in me bag yesterday. Was my best round of the year iirc so played the last 2 in the dark! 😂
Last was over water with a massive slope to the left?
I had to listen to where my ball landed to find it! Cracking for the money there!
Mind my tenner course up paisley this week was grand.
The 17th in the dark must have been fun, blind second shot past the trees on a par 5, it's bad enough when you can see where the ball is going.

I did enjoy the 18th, a rare occasion when teeing off over water and the water isn't in play.

You can't argue with the value either, £23 on a Saturday afternoon, not many places offer value like that. Finished in 3 hours as well, not bad after being stuck behind a 4 ball for a while.

The 17th in the dark must have been fun, blind second shot past the trees on a par 5, it's bad enough when you can see where the ball is going.

I did enjoy the 18th, a rare occasion when teeing off over water and the water isn't in play.

You can't argue with the value either, £23 on a Saturday afternoon, not many places offer value like that. Finished in 3 hours as well, not bad after being stuck behind a 4 ball for a while.
If im ever back down ill give you a shout.
To get there Id drove down n grafted like feck, up n down ladders etc, played there, got to digs n opened a can. Looked down n me feet had swelled to about double their normal size! 😂

played there a few weeks ago course is in fantastic nick
Played Wynyard yesterday in an open greens were lovely but on the back nine the bunkers havent been touched for weeks they were rock solid

Back