Golf 2021

I went round in 83 today... However the last 2 holes were shut off as there was an ambulance there.

Question - I hit a shot and the ball finished on the branches of a tree. Do I get free relief or a penalty?

Assuming this branch of a tree is no longer connected to said tree......then I'm fairly positive that is a moveable obstruction, which allows you to pick the ball up, move the obstruction, and drop your ball as close to it's original position as possible. No penalty

Assuming this branch of a tree is no longer connected to said tree......then I'm fairly positive that is a moveable obstruction, which allows you to pick the ball up, move the obstruction, and drop your ball as close to it's original position as possible. No penalty
Unfortunately still connected to the tree

First full round back today after 12 holes last Tuesday. Went round in 90, but that included an 8 on the card after lashing two over the fence on 14. It was bloody freezing on Boldon today like, right hand was numb after 12 holes...even with a winter mitt on 😂

Mrs and the bairn had their first lesson back today as well with Jack at the range, he’s got 10 lessons to get them course ready then it’s golf holidays shot to kill two birds with one stone 😜
At least it wasn't on hole 12 which I did twice in a row! Heart was in my mouth both times but luckily didn't hit anything. I get flashbacks every time I go to tee off on there now.

I went round in 83 today... However the last 2 holes were shut off as there was an ambulance there.

Question - I hit a shot and the ball finished on the branches of a tree. Do I get free relief or a penalty?
Mate done that Saturday 😆 went to chip over an xmas type tree on the last n the ball never reappeared. Gave it a good shske n still nowt.
Just gave him a free drop as i was a few ahead. 😉

Handicap question as I got my first handicap today, so my query is using howdidido what is classed as a qualifying and non qualifying round? Do I put in every round I play? As playing casual game at Boldon tomorrow and Comp on Sunday. I'm guessing casual is non qualifying and comp qualifying but need clarification of the mighty SMB please, and yes I know that's more than 1 question.

1 shot penalty unfortunately. I remember Sergio Garcia climbing a tree a few years back to play the ball and avoid that however :lol:

At least it wasn't on hole 12 which I did twice in a row! Heart was in my mouth both times but luckily didn't hit anything. I get flashbacks every time I go to tee off on there now.

Aye, 12 will do that to ya 😂
I’ve only been a member for a year but already gifted my fair share of balls to Town End Farm.

Done my first 9 holes since lockdown this evening, took over 2 hours playing on my own thanks to a 3 ball a couple of groups ahead taking forever to hack their way around, that was despite them not know what white stakes meant.

17 points, so not too bad for a first round in 6 months.

Handicap question as I got my first handicap today, so my query is using howdidido what is classed as a qualifying and non qualifying round? Do I put in every round I play? As playing casual game at Boldon tomorrow and Comp on Sunday. I'm guessing casual is non qualifying and comp qualifying but need clarification of the mighty SMB please, and yes I know that's more than 1 question.
Aye you wouldn't normally enter a score for a casual round if you already have a handicap. Sometimes competitions can be non qualifying if the course is playing short, possibly in the winter with forward tees and temporary greens. You would still enter your score for these but it wouldn't affect your handicap.

competitions are qualifying rounds ... non qualifiers are normally team/double competitions and match play. The club fixtures will normally state what comps are qualifiers and what are non qualifiers.

you can play a supplementary score round but would need to inform the club sec or pro and hand the card in signed by a member

Membership offer from Whitburn GC if there are any fellow NHS employees in this group.

OFFER FOR NHS EMPLOYEES

This offer includes:

• One round every week which can be played anytime on a weekday or after 15:00 on Saturdays and Sundays
  • Additional rounds can be purchased for the discounted rate of £10 per round
  • Play in Mid-Week medals; assuming handicap criteria is met
  • Ability to sign in up to 3 guests per member at concessionary rates.
  • Members Card which entitles the Member to 10% discount on bar purchases
The following terms and conditions will apply:

• Available to any gender and age group that work directly for an NHS body (pay slip required as proof)
  • One round per week (Monday – Sunday), additional rounds can be purchased for £10 per round
  • Tee times to be booked by telephoning the Pro Shop or using the BRS system
  • The number of memberships will be limited based on popularity
  • The cost will be £200 per person which includes Durham County affiliation fee, payable to Whitburn Golf Club through covering the period from 1 April 2021 to 31 December 2021.
  • This offer is only open to serving NHS employees
How to Join:

Contact Whitburn Golf Club on 0191 529 2177 or email [email protected]

Membership offer from Whitburn GC if there are any fellow NHS employees in this group.

OFFER FOR NHS EMPLOYEES

This offer includes:

• One round every week which can be played anytime on a weekday or after 15:00 on Saturdays and Sundays
  • Additional rounds can be purchased for the discounted rate of £10 per round
  • Play in Mid-Week medals; assuming handicap criteria is met
  • Ability to sign in up to 3 guests per member at concessionary rates.
  • Members Card which entitles the Member to 10% discount on bar purchases
The following terms and conditions will apply:

• Available to any gender and age group that work directly for an NHS body (pay slip required as proof)
  • One round per week (Monday – Sunday), additional rounds can be purchased for £10 per round
  • Tee times to be booked by telephoning the Pro Shop or using the BRS system
  • The number of memberships will be limited based on popularity
  • The cost will be £200 per person which includes Durham County affiliation fee, payable to Whitburn Golf Club through covering the period from 1 April 2021 to 31 December 2021.
  • This offer is only open to serving NHS employees
How to Join:

Contact Whitburn Golf Club on 0191 529 2177 or email [email protected]

dont think that’s a very good offer at all. There’s far better offers available to all 999 services, not just NHS.

One round a week and after 3pm on a weekend ???? I’d advise anyone who thinks this is for them to look around and get a better deal.

Fuck me, cheeky 10 holes at heworth tonight, timing was all to shit, thinning It and a very high push/fade thing going on.....

never do that, weird.
Keep ya head down would probably be the first bit of advice for that one. If it’s a high push or fade/push your up and put the shot too early...

Keep ya head down would probably be the first bit of advice for that one. If it’s a high push or fade/push your up and put the shot too early...
It’s was simply a day where my timing was just off. You get them. Second rd in 3.5 months.

That’s the f***ing beauty of golf. I’ll be pinging them tomorrow no doubt.

dont think that’s a very good offer at all. There’s far better offers available to all 999 services, not just NHS.

One round a week and after 3pm on a weekend ???? I’d advise anyone who thinks this is for them to look around and get a better deal.
£4 a round not to be sniffed at like. Think its a brilliant offer personally. (Not nhs like).
It’s was simply a day where my timing was just off. You get them. Second rd in 3.5 months.

That’s the f***ing beauty of golf. I’ll be pinging them tomorrow no doubt.
Was like that last night. Played back 9. Probably best tee shots of my life followed by utter shite.

Last edited:

Back