Golf 2021

Then it’s the clubs fault for letting this happen.

I'm not sure if it is the case just that's how it looks on the EG app.
It could be he's transferred it from another club and all the data has not been transferred over fully. The question will be asked though because what's the point paying into comps if some of the handicaps are given out without thought.

Yeah

Don't necessarily think he's been cheating I just think the new handicap system has given him a ridiculous handicap.
Not exactly sure how it works for new members but looks like he was given a handicap of 36 without actually putting 3 cards in???
Ah okay mate.

Some days id still struggle par with a 36 handicap!:lol:

Yeah

Don't necessarily think he's been cheating I just think the new handicap system has given him a ridiculous handicap.
Not exactly sure how it works for new members but looks like he was given a handicap of 36 without actually putting 3 cards in???

I'm sort of in that boat. New golfer, bought a winter deal so have been playing about 6 months. I'd say 24 is about right (based on best 8 of last 20, overall average about +28) but my first official round yesterday I was +34. Previous 2 rounds I couldn’t enter, 1 had a temp hole and 1 I played myself, but was +32 and +30 but if they were scored I'd have an initial handicap of +32 and look like a total bandit when I played to my usual standard on a course I knew.

Will hopefully sort itself out over time, but until then the people who practice a lot but don't enter cards will clean up.

How does this new handicap system work? I’ve never got one but when I play with mates I always say I’m about a 18/20. I always think a bogey is a good score for me on every hole.

How does this new handicap system work? I’ve never got one but when I play with mates I always say I’m about a 18/20. I always think a bogey is a good score for me on every hole.

It’s course specific. Your handicap (gained from 3 rounds) is added to a sum - handicap x (slope rating/113)

Yeah

surely he has had to put 3 cards in to gain his handicap. there was another player earlier on in the week won the captains card after receiving a handicap much higher to what he was playing too a year ago
wonder if he has handed in 3 cards ?

Last edited:
Had 44 points at Dunstanburgh a few years back in our normal four ball off 13 , putting was impeccable that day virtually every hole was single putted.
Must be shit if you genuinely had a freak round n get accused of allsorts like.
There is days when everything seems to drop in, not very fecking often mind!

Must be shit if you genuinely had a freak round n get accused of allsorts like.
There is days when everything seems to drop in, not very fecking often mind!

a pal of mine joined Wearside GC a good few years ago and played in a two day competition and won by a mile , the accusing fingers were still being pointed at him months later.

a pal of mine joined Wearside GC a good few years ago and played in a two day competition and won by a mile , the accusing fingers were still being pointed at him months later.
I know im in the minority here but comps dont sound my thing.
Playing with a similar level mate or two at a time convenient feels far more appealing for now.

Playing with a similar level mate or two at a time convenient feels far more appealing for now.

Likewise, I really don’t know what I want to be doing in a few weeks time , never mind commit to a competition I’ll not want to play in if it’s passing down.

Look like a good way to play new courses, at a decent price, but sounds like it's full of moaning bastards. Not sure it's worth winning.

Is there much money in it?

It's a weird sport like. Imagine Sunderland getting beat 4-0 and we're all celebrating because we have a handicap of 5 while the opponents are off scratch.

I’m exactly the same. I play with mates at a time that suits and when the weather is ok. I also only compete with myself as I want to get better. Not really interested in anyone’s scores, although I do like it when one of the lads plays a great shot.

I’m exactly the same. I play with mates at a time that suits and when the weather is ok. I also only compete with myself as I want to get better. Not really interested in anyone’s scores, although I do like it when one of the lads plays a great shot.
I prefer it when a mate royally fucks up :lol:

surely he has had to put 3 cards in to gain his handicap. there was another player earlier on in the week won the captains card after receiving a handicap much higher to what he was playing too a year ago
wonder if he has handed in 3 cards ?

I think he's came from another club and brought that handicap, for some reason the EG app doesn't show rounds from previous club how the handicap has been calculated.

Only reason I'm saying this is I know a few lads who just left Ramside to go to Wearside and it shows their handicap as correct figures but not showing any previous rounds.

I know that's how it goes with high handicappers and in theory they are the only ones capable of getting a score like 50. There was a lad who won one last year with 48 points and was playing off 32 but that's all he done all year and the rest of the time he was only averaging 25 points a round.
Just looks really bad when it's a new member who scores 50 points in his first comp.

Wouldnt most of his cheating have been witnessed or are folk generally too busy with their own game?
Don’t think anyone thinks or would say he’s cheating.

He’s had a lifetime round vs his handicap and knows he’s going to get shit forever.

And I’m not having new handicap systems. That’s a shot or two. He was f***ing in layman’s terms 14 under. 😂😂😂
Had 44 points at Dunstanburgh a few years back in our normal four ball off 13 , putting was impeccable that day virtually every hole was single putted.
Aye. That impressive. I had 41 a few month back and played absolutely mint. In fact 1 daft hole near the green cost me another potential 3 pts

50 pts is bandit country. Not cheating just a bandit. You have to take it on the chin. 😃

Last edited:
Anyone golfed in Turkey? Looking at an extended family holiday for next year where the lads can enjoy the golf whilst the ladies do more of they do, lie around a pool and that type of thing.

Belek area seems to be very popular. Anyone done something similar? Focusing on Turkey as it seems to represent the best value for money. I’m open to other suggestions though, looking for that sweet spot of value for money and golf facilities.

Cheers in advance 👍

Anyone golfed in Turkey? Looking at an extended family holiday for next year where the lads can enjoy the golf whilst the ladies do more of they do, lie around a pool and that type of thing.

Belek area seems to be very popular. Anyone done something similar? Focusing on Turkey as it seems to represent the best value for money. I’m open to other suggestions though, looking for that sweet spot of value for money and golf facilities.

Cheers in advance 👍

Never been but a few of the lads have been , they rave about it , good course and all inclusive including premium drinks make it exceptional value for money.

We go to Portugal every year and really enjoy it and can’t bring ourselves to change.

Back