Golf 2021

Looking like 29th March but golf courses should never have closed in the first place. Another 5 weeks deary me.
It's going to kill off a few more courses if the 29th is right, loads will have been planning on it being the 8th. Particularly as it was utterly ridiculous to make them close yet again.

This should have been right up there with opening the schools again.

From the 8th you can meet someone else and sit at the same table having a coffee but you can’t go out and play a 2 ball in a rural setting - again, no real thought give into how restrictions should be lifted🙄

Got this from George Washington today. Bloody fuming. Trying to cut our membership by 2 months from the end of July to may. Been a member for 5 years through this. Until last year no issues at all. Then Covid hit and they took on far to many members for the money. From being classed as a full member we were down graded to the level below. At 8 days prior to getting a tee time we had all the shit times to pick on a weekend.

Last year was a challenge in many ways not least being far too many Police Corporate Members.
I have met recently with Steve Gill who manages the N.P.S.S.C and agreed with him that the following new eligibility and rules of Membership at GWGC will be in force from 1st June 2021.

* Numbers capped to 250 Police Corporate Members at GWGC in total
* Eligibility for Membership:
1. Serving Police Officer
2. Retired Police Officer
3. Wife/Husband of Serving/Retired Police Officer
4. Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Son or Daughter of Serving/Retired Police Officer

NO FRIENDS OR EXTENDED FAMILY

If you do not fit the eligibility rules you will not be allowed to be a Member here at GWGC under the N.P.S.S.C banner.
Eligibility checks will be in place both at N.P.S.S.C. and here at GWGC.
I will be more than happy to discuss Full Membership with you should you wish to stay here at GWGC.
Obviously your current Membership will be valid until the 31st May 2021.
Due to the heavily discounted Fee's that you enjoy there are no discounts planned to cover days lost to Covid lock down.
I hope you will be able to stay with us here at GWGC and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Got this from George Washington today. Bloody fuming. Trying to cut our membership by 2 months from the end of July to may. Been a member for 5 years through this. Until last year no issues at all. Then Covid hit and they took on far to many members for the money. From being classed as a full member we were down graded to the level below. At 8 days prior to getting a tee time we had all the shit times to pick on a weekend.

Last year was a challenge in many ways not least being far too many Police Corporate Members.
I have met recently with Steve Gill who manages the N.P.S.S.C and agreed with him that the following new eligibility and rules of Membership at GWGC will be in force from 1st June 2021.

* Numbers capped to 250 Police Corporate Members at GWGC in total
* Eligibility for Membership:
1. Serving Police Officer
2. Retired Police Officer
3. Wife/Husband of Serving/Retired Police Officer
4. Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Son or Daughter of Serving/Retired Police Officer

NO FRIENDS OR EXTENDED FAMILY

If you do not fit the eligibility rules you will not be allowed to be a Member here at GWGC under the N.P.S.S.C banner.
Eligibility checks will be in place both at N.P.S.S.C. and here at GWGC.
I will be more than happy to discuss Full Membership with you should you wish to stay here at GWGC.
Obviously your current Membership will be valid until the 31st May 2021.
Due to the heavily discounted Fee's that you enjoy there are no discounts planned to cover days lost to Covid lock down.
I hope you will be able to stay with us here at GWGC and look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Get yasel to Heworth man. It’s a proper members course.

In fact divent. 😉

New membership prices for this year/next?

Sharpley =£900 no chance I’m paying that
Houghton?
Boldon?
Wear side?
Seaham?

Wats everyone paying?

From the 8th you can meet someone else and sit at the same table having a coffee but you can’t go out and play a 2 ball in a rural setting - again, no real thought give into how restrictions should be lifted🙄
It's ridiculous. You can play football with around 30 other people, hockle, tackle, push, sit on, shout, touch the same ball etc. from 29th March, yet socially distanced golfers who generally don't do those things much, can only go round a golf course in twos.

It's ridiculous. You can play football with around 30 other people, hockle, tackle, push, sit on, shout, touch the same ball etc. from 29th March, yet socially distanced golfers who generally don't do those things much, can only go round a golf course in twos.

You havent played Throston if you think golfers dont behave like that! 😉

Will there still be covid restrictions from the 29th then? Hoping it all goes back to normal then.
Still supposed to be no more than two households meeting up. May 17th is the date where you can meet more than that. I believe England Golf are trying to negotiate this though.

Last edited:
Still supposed to be no more than two households meeting up. May 17th is the date where you can meet more than that. I believe England Golf are trying to negotiate this though.
I’d be amazed if it’s not 4balls given that Rugby and Football are supposed to be restarting so don’t see how they can enforce just 2 households

I think we’re likely to have foam in the holes and restricted use of rakes until the June deadline and maybe beyond.

Last edited:
I’d be amazed if it’s not 4balls given that Rugby and Football are supposed to be restarting so don’t see how they can enforce just 2 households

I think we’re likely to have foam in the holes and restricted use of rakes until the June deadline and maybe beyond.
4 balls has to be allowed.

At Ramside they have gone for a more mechanical approach with a putter lifter, to get the ball from the hole, however this means the flag is thicker than usual, which is a disadvantage.

Back