Golf 2021

Opposite of his tee shot, steps up, little look and whack, have some of that.

How the fuck he got a 61 man, worst driving stats in the field...😃. He was all over the place.
Cheeky 5 quid on JT at 11’s....cant see s-with having a good round ie 67 and hoping xanders arse goes.
I know, number one for approach as well, and hitting his putts again. Basically, the formula from when he was unstoppable. Very intrigued to see if he has turned a corner or if it’s just a ‘blip’. Pebble Beach next week which he loves, even when he’s out of form.

as for today, aye I’m on JT backed him after his round on Friday. Also got Zalatoris and Burns as outside chance of a place from ore tournament bets. Should be a fun watch, love Pheonix open every year.

I know, number one for approach as well, and hitting his putts again. Basically, the formula from when he was unstoppable. Very intrigued to see if he has turned a corner or if it’s just a ‘blip’. Pebble Beach next week which he loves, even when he’s out of form.

as for today, aye I’m on JT backed him after his round on Friday. Also got Zalatoris and Burns as outside chance of a place from ore tournament bets. Should be a fun watch, love Pheonix open every year.
Zalatoris, that’s the skinny kid with the wicked swing? Some pundits reckon he way be a special in the next year or two.

Zalatoris, that’s the skinny kid with the wicked swing? Some pundits reckon he way be a special in the next year or two.

Aye the one who looks like Happy Gilmores caddy athis first tournament :lol:

He’s decent, made a hell of a start to his PGA Tour life (even though he isn’t technically a member yet because of Covid knacking up the normal schedule). Great approach game, iffy putter - exactly the type of golfers I like/bet on :lol:

Had a game booked at Brancepeth, a monday £36 2 ball.
Was gonna get a refund but thought feck it hopefully were back out asap.

Any similar offers about hoy em up ta lads.

Sharpley just released their prices, dearest option is Full Off Peak at £900 notes, full play Mon-Fri and weekends tee before 9am or after 1pm. It’s a nice course but not at that price where they’re clearly prioritising societies at the weekend.

Sharpley just released their prices, dearest option is Full Off Peak at £900 notes, full play Mon-Fri and weekends tee before 9am or after 1pm. It’s a nice course but not at that price where they’re clearly prioritising societies at the weekend.

Not worth anywhere near that, especially with the weekend restrictions.

Not worth anywhere near that, especially with the weekend restrictions.
Not in the slightest, I was member until recently and the course went downhill due to the amount of visitors. They’re pricing member out as they’re not bothered about them. Imagine paying £900 with weekend restrictions like that, you’d know from the get go they’re not bothered about you you’re custom.

them fees are a joke with them restrictions for a course like sharpley

Cheeky bastards 😂

That's a joke like.
There's 3 courses within 10 minutes drive of Sharpley which are all better than it and all much cheaper for a proper full membership.

we were playing sharpley one December a few years back. The course was frozen solid there was 4 societies in that day. The owner had the nerve to walk round the clubhouse with knackered old coloured balls asking if anybody wanted to buy them because the course was white 👀

So even Mondays to Friday you got to abide by those available times? Think that's shocking and it's clear they want visitors more than anything so can charge the full whack. I spoke to a member there when I visited first week of December... He said him and members were seeing what was happening and abit sick. Mentioned members couldnt play between a few dates at end of December (think was boxing day to new year) because they prioritised visitor bookings and no members? Thought that was mad

Last edited:
So even Mondays to Friday you got to abide by those available times? Think that's shocking and it's clear they want visitors more than anything so can charge the full whack. I spoke to a member there when I visited first week of December... He said him and members were seeing what was happening and abit sick. Mentioned members couldnt play between a few dates at end of December (think was boxing day to new year) because they prioritised visitor bookings and no members? Thought that was mad
Mon - Fri don't have any restrictions, the restrictions only apply on the weekend but for £900 it's an awful way to treat members. I was a member until Jan and six of us left due to their treatment of members, clearly favor the money they get from visitors and there's very little interaction with members by way of comps etc. I joined Heworth and although I've only played twice due to covid they're communicate constantly and it's refreshing.

Mon - Fri don't have any restrictions, the restrictions only apply on the weekend but for £900 it's an awful way to treat members. I was a member until Jan and six of us left due to their treatment of members, clearly favor the money they get from visitors and there's very little interaction with members by way of comps etc. I joined Heworth and although I've only played twice due to covid they're communicate constantly and it's refreshing.
I feel they aren't fussed to have members as visitors and societies and the good reputation and drainage the course has there's always plenty people wanting to play it, me included.

I feel they aren't fussed to have members as visitors and societies and the good reputation and drainage the course has there's always plenty people wanting to play it, me included.
For the money they charge I'd go elsewhere, there's the drainage aye but the amount of visitors tearing up the course and not repairing pitch marks and divots knock it down for me.

Barmy imo, like a season ticket surely theyd rather hundreds commit upfront rather than hope day trippers turn up.
Surely societies etc arent that lucrative?

Anyway hopefully some nees on restrictions tomorrow lads?

Better course and some cracking visit or deals, Id imagine Sharpley could only charge similar.

Surely cant be lucrative enough to piss off all your members?

Last edited:
Played the front 9 of my local course today, matched my best score. Only played with a 9 iron - no driver, no putter, just a 9 iron :lol:

Funny game! Only played since October but really enjoying it.

Barmy imo, like a season ticket surely theyd rather hundreds commit upfront rather than hope day trippers turn up.
Surely societies etc arent that lucrative?

Anyway hopefully some nees on restrictions tomorrow lads?

Better course and some cracking visit or deals, Id imagine Sharpley could only charge similar.

Surely cant be lucrative enough to piss off all your members?
Like the above post, they rely on the visitors & societies. Its fair enough and the staff are great but I'd not go anywhere near that membership with those restrictions

Back