Golf 2021

Tut tut Rory. Wonder if he gets the same shit as Reed. Didn’t even call an official either..... at least Reed did.

🤔🤔🤔😃

because it was clear that the ball was in its own pitch-mark, and he checked with his other players.

Suppose the big difference though is that Rory has proven, time and again, that he isn’t a cheat and actually will go out of his way to make sure he doesn’t get an advantage.

Reed has proven time and again he’s a cheat, so loses all benefit of the doubt.

He’d clearly decided on Saturday as soon as he hit his shot that it was embedded, and walked the (naive and gullible) rules official into agreeing, so that Reed could back off and give it the old “well the rules official agreed so I’m in the clear”. It was a sneaky trick, designed to push the rules as far as they could go.

He even said in his post round interview that “it’s nearly impossible for a ball to embed after its bounced”......so how was his ball embedded then? Fact is Reid didn’t realise it had bounced and just assumed that he could pretend it was embedded/push it down further without any fuss.

An absolutely vile cretin of a man, which is a shame as it often overshadows the fact that he is an outstanding golfer and brilliant to watch.

It’s at least nice to see some of the other players on the Tour break ranks and criticise him/The PGA for it.
The Twitter stuff was funny, at least it was when people posted screenshots, I can't see it as he's blocked me.

He is frustrating to watch, he's got so much talent he doesn't need to cheat, yet this stuff will always follow him around now.

Agreed - if he was such a tool, he’d be one of the most loved players on Tour. He’s atypical to what generally makes a top player nowadays - he ain’t super long off the tee, but that would make him more popular because his “gifts” are more satisfying to watch.

But he ruins it by cheating at an extraordinary rate. Suppose he’s doing (more than) alright money wise so that’s all he’ll care about, but his wife is constantly on (her anon) Twitter kicking off about how he should have better endorsements etc.... so it clearly frustrates them.

Last edited:

because it was clear that the ball was in its own pitch-mark, and he checked with his other players.

Suppose the big difference though is that Rory has proven, time and again, that he isn’t a cheat and actually will go out of his way to make sure he doesn’t get an advantage.

He’d clearly decided on Saturday as soon as he hit his shot that it was embedded, and walked the (naive and gullible) rules official into agreeing, so that Reed could back off and give it the old “well the rules official agreed so I’m in the clear”. It was a sneaky trick, designed to push the rules as far as they could go.

He even said in his post round interview that “it’s nearly impossible for a ball to embed after its bounced”......so how was his ball embedded then? Fact is Reid didn’t realise it had bounced and just assumed that he could pretend it was embedded/push it down further without any fuss.

An absolutely vile cretin of a man, which is a shame as it often overshadows the fact that he is an outstanding golfer and brilliant to watch.

It’s at least nice to see some of the other players on the Tour break ranks and criticise him/The PGA for it.

Agreed - if he was such a tool, he’d be one of the most loved players on Tour. He’s atypical to what generally makes a top player nowadays - he ain’t super long off the tee, but that would make him more popular because his “gifts” are more satisfying to watch.

But he ruins it by cheating at an extraordinary rate. Suppose he’s doing (more than) alright money wise so that’s all he’ll care about, but his wife is constantly on (her anon) Twitter kicking off about how he should have better endorsements etc.... so it clearly frustrates them.
Yep. He certainly triggers you like. Wow!!!!
Fuck it , I’m going to start supporting him.

Let’s keep that spotlight on Rory - I’ll be looking.😂

If you've got a spare 2 hours, have a listen to the No Laying Up podcast. They really go to town on the whole issue.

If you've got a spare 2 hours, have a listen to the No Laying Up podcast. They really go to town on the whole issue.

Aye? I’ll have a listen, I like NLU but don’t listen often as generally listen to ones with a bigger fantasy/betting tilt, but it’s always decent.

Cheers for the heads up.

It's actually quite ambiguous in parts of that statement:

The first paragraph would suggest he should get a retrospective 2 shot penalty for improving his lie when reviewed on video, but the 2nd suggests nothing should be done. Nothing like keeping it vague.
It wasn’t reviewed on video at the time is what I think the distinction is. The ruling is to disregard trial by video which is what this would be and he already had official confirmation outside of being able to self rule on a course. Keeps golf interesting.

Had a listen tonight, spot on, cheers mate.

Also listened to another pod tonight and they were saying that regardless of your opinion of him (and mine is low), Reed’s story is fascinating. Like right the way through - college controversies, the stuff with his family and his wife, the cheating, the Ryder Cup arguments, the Twitter stuff and the fact he’s a stone cold killer on the course.

Cannot deny that at all, will make a hell of a documentary series one day.

Had a listen tonight, spot on, cheers mate.

Also listened to another pod tonight and they were saying that regardless of your opinion of him (and mine is low), Reed’s story is fascinating. Like right the way through - college controversies, the stuff with his family and his wife, the cheating, the Ryder Cup arguments, the Twitter stuff and the fact he’s a stone cold killer on the course.

Cannot deny that at all, will make a hell of a documentary series one day.
His story is fascinating and when he's away from the golf course actually comes across quite well, Sky recently showed his interview with David Feherty, which definitely showed the other side of him. Just makes me wish the worst thing we could say about him was that he shushes the European crowd at a Ryder Cup, because characters like that are what elite golf needs.

His story is fascinating and when he's away from the golf course actually comes across quite well, Sky recently showed his interview with David Feherty, which definitely showed the other side of him. Just makes me wish the worst thing we could say about him was that he shushes the European crowd at a Ryder Cup, because characters like that are what elite golf needs.

Yeah, the shushing of the crowds and that is fine - it’s pretty good craic to be fair (we all love Poulter for basically being the European version of that). There’s even times when he shows a bit of humility and normality - when he rolled in a putt at the last one, he jokingly done the shush even though it didn’t matter, in a kind of “self piss-take way”. It’s just at times he (and his whole “entourage) are genuinely unpleasant.

Suppose flip side is that this whole controversy has more people paying attention to golf than usual, albeit for the wrong reasons.

Never seen his Feherty interview, might seek out the podcast form of it.

Ramside has had the go-ahead for the drainage upgrade.

Work is starting as soon as the weather permits. They claim they are spending hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Certainly needs it!

Last edited:
Rory reeks of self importance iirc

I watched an interview basically my take was that he doesn't think the rules on driver lengths need changing for the 0.1% who can find the middle of a driver and hit it 350+ yards. I agree with him. He also said all the money spent investigating the length of a club should have been spent getting more juniors and differing peoples into golf. I think he's got another good point there.

Last edited:
Anyone watching the WM Phoenix? Jordan Spieth 10 under par on the day, suddenly rediscovered his form and played some incredible shots. His putting in particular has been spectacular.

Fantastic to watch him when he plays like this.

Anyone watching the WM Phoenix? Jordan Spieth 10 under par on the day, suddenly rediscovered his form and played some incredible shots. His putting in particular has been spectacular.

Been quality hasn't he....hoping this could be the beginning of him as you say rediscover form

Great to see, golf is better when he plays well (for all he can be a petulant bugger).

Aye he takes bloody ages, it’s insane. Seems to be working for him - today aside, he’s generally a pretty solid putter. Nowt spectacular but solid enough.

Got a nice DraftKings win from the Euro Tour tournament so nice start to Sunday for me.....will make up for the fact I got WMO completely wrong :lol:

The irony is that the rest of his game is played at a good pace. They seem to try to overthink it on the greens and given DJ seems as bright as a 5 watt bulb I can’t see how it helps.
Opposite of his tee shot, steps up, little look and whack, have some of that.

How the fuck he got a 61 man, worst driving stats in the field...😃. He was all over the place.
Cheeky 5 quid on JT at 11’s....cant see s-with having a good round ie 67 and hoping xanders arse goes.

Last edited:

Back