Golf 2021

Where is everyone paying this year a d how much do you hope to cut your handicap.

I've made a decision to play more courses all over the country and I'm hoping to get down to around 12 by the end of the year.

I'll still be playing at St Annes Old Links and I will be happy to maintain my handicap as my left hip has been giving me grief for almost a couple of years now.

My main enjoyment from the game is now having a laugh with like minded individuals and getting to play other courses although the latter didn't happen much in 2020.

Still a member at Boldon so 95% of my golf will be played there. Currently the wife and son are having lessons so that in the summer months between her jobs we can do long weekends at nice courses both here and abroad.

Currently off 14, hoping to get down to 10 by this time next year.

Member at the Ramside and got a corporate at Slaley. Aim for the year is to get my handicap down. I never usually practice but Im in the middle of a block of lessons. Having one a month. I now pass the range on my way home so got no excuse not to practice now. Going to try and go three times a week if I can. Plan is to mix it up in the summer range/putting/short game. Till then will be range only.

Under new system I’m 15.7 and want to get to to 12 by end of year. I’m using blades at moment and get new p790 I’m a few days so hopefully get more forgiveness/consistency.

I joined a course in Bristol this summer, as working from home, so mainly playing there but COVID depending will get out to Spain and my pal is a member of Frilford near Oxford so will go there a few times

Last edited:
Member at Seaham but weighing up my options for where to join this year.
Off 13 at the minute hoping to get into single figures.
Just bought a shotscope V3 and once Covid does one I'm thinking of lessons with Zen golf that has been mentioned on here before.

Just joined Heworth, playing off 16 currently. Going to put in the hours this year and try get down to about 12

Off 15 and would like to get down to 10 this year. Practice on short game required to achieve this. New irons should make a difference & hopefully the putter Santa brought. Just want to play regularly and consistently. Got a corp golf membership that lets me play all over and like the variety, probs will end up playing most at Rockliffe again.

Member at Ramside - for all it's bad points, the price is unbelievable value for 2 courses. Also corporate at Ponteland.

Considered changing when renewal is up this May, but now they are sorting the drainage on the Prince Bishops I'll end up staying (and I've figured out how to get the early tee times on the online booking page :cool:)

Looking to shave 3 off me handicap.
Played winter golf today for the first time.
A lot hard than normal!

Having the vibration of ball contact ricochet up through the club into your freezing cold hands is the absolute worst

Last edited:
My 2021 resolution is to get back into it regularly. Not worth joining anywhere until I do. Maybe increase my society days as a starting point.

Member at Ramside - for all it's bad points, the price is unbelievable value for 2 courses. Also corporate at Ponteland.

Considered changing when renewal is up this May, but now they are sorting the drainage on the Prince Bishops I'll end up staying (and I've figured out how to get the early tee times on the online booking page :cool:)

Looking to shave 3 off me handicap.

Having the vibration of ball contact ricochet up through the club into your freezing cold hands is the absolute worst

Always liked Ponteland GC , played there many a time on a Sunday pm when my mate was a member.

You sharp realise how busy the airport was when you’re playing up there.

My aim is to carry on with the lessons I started just before Christmas, get fitted for some decent irons and practice as much as possible. The pro at my club reckons he can get me playing off 18 by the end of the year, so I really want to make that happen.

Always liked Ponteland GC , played there many a time on a Sunday pm when my mate was a member.

You sharp realise how busy the airport was when you’re playing up there.

Only thing I don't like it about it is the wavey fairways :lol:

Hoping to get down to around the 10 mark this year, IF.. my back holds up like, big if :lol::lol:
Just not too sure where to join mind, was at Boldon a couple of years back & it's a nice course, fancy Wearside too.

Back