Golf 2021

She could do a job alright!

Would love to see a mixed tournament version of the Ryder/Solheim cups
Momentum seems to be gathering for some more mixed team events, whether a Ryder/Solheim Cup hybrid, revamping the Presidents Cup into a mixed event or switching the Zurich Classic or Dow GLBI to mixed pairs.

I hope something does happen, because women's golf is so underrated yet so entertaining, it could only be good for the game as a whole.

Momentum seems to be gathering for some more mixed team events, whether a Ryder/Solheim Cup hybrid, revamping the Presidents Cup into a mixed event or switching the Zurich Classic or Dow GLBI to mixed pairs.

I hope something does happen, because women's golf is so underrated yet so entertaining, it could only be good for the game as a whole.
It really is, much less of the bombers and more nuance. Watching the solheim over the weekend was the most enjoyment I've had watching a golf tournament in a long time.

Would love to see Maguire going out paired with Lowry or McIlroy!

It really is, much less of the bombers and more nuance. Watching the solheim over the weekend was the most enjoyment I've had watching a golf tournament in a long time.

Would love to see Maguire going out paired with Lowry or McIlroy!
Exactly, it's far more relatable because they have to play the course as well as each other, just like us hackers. The difference is they are bloody good at it.

There's talk of a mixed team event being in the next Olympics as well, how great would that be to have Maguire/McIlroy, Hall/Fleetwood and Korda/Morikawa all teaming up.

She could do a job alright!

Would love to see a mixed tournament version of the Ryder/Solheim cups
Not at whistling straights she couldn’t. However get the sentiment. Sheer class

Won’t happen and for me we absolutely don’t need this.

Solheim and Ryder cup will be back to alternate years next year.

That’s enough. Don’t dilute these great events. And I doubt any pro (male) would truly want this in their calendar.
Exactly, it's far more relatable because they have to play the course as well as each other, just like us hackers. The difference is they are bloody good at it.
Sorry marra. Relatable???. Feels a bit patronising to me that like.

They are absolute world class golfers who can of course shape and shift shots as they please.

Not sure if your relating to distance , but the swing and ball speed is not of that of a hacker for the top woman pros. The courses we play they would laugh at man

Imagine Charlie hull around Heworth ofF the yellow tees, I see zero relatability. They are f***ing mint.

Last edited:
Not at whistling straights she couldn’t. However get the sentiment. Sheer class

Won’t happen and for me we absolutely don’t need this.

Solheim and Ryder cup will be back to alternate years next year.

That’s enough. Don’t dilute these great events. And I doubt any pro (male) would truly want this in their calendar.

Sorry marra. Relatable???. Feels a bit patronising to me that like.

They are absolute world class golfers who can of course shape and shift shots as they please.

Not sure if your relating to distance , but the swing and ball speed is not of that of a hacker for the top woman pros. The courses we play they would laugh at man

Imagine Charlie hull around Heworth ofF the yellow tees, I see zero relatability. They are f***ing mint.
Relatable in the sense that they actually play the course in front of them rather than bomb and gouge as we see at so many men's events. I'm not for one second suggesting your average club hacker could compete with them, just that their approach to the course is similar, try to put the ball in the right areas and play the course as it was designed.

On the mixed events, we saw the success of the Scandinavian mixed earlier this year and the reaction that got from both the men and women, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more in the future, what format they take remains to be seen, but I doubt anyone would want to sacrifice either the Ryder or Solheim Cups to achieve it.

Relatable in the sense that they actually play the course in front of them rather than bomb and gouge as we see at so many men's events. I'm not for one second suggesting your average club hacker could compete with them, just that their approach to the course is similar, try to put the ball in the right areas and play the course as it was designed.

On the mixed events, we saw the success of the Scandinavian mixed earlier this year and the reaction that got from both the men and women, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more in the future, what format they take remains to be seen, but I doubt anyone would want to sacrifice either the Ryder or Solheim Cups to achieve it.
Not sure if you watch much men’s golf than. Rarely do they gouge and hack with any success. Don’t let Bryson at the 2020 Us open fool you.

Btw hackers just hit the fucker. Last thing they think about is precise golf within a 10ft circal shaped left or right. They can’t even imagine that

I’m around 14 at the moment and I’m delight if I get the fairway and green full stop. I may on occasions use an iron etc to be sensible on certain holes when the woods are iffy like. Buts that’s more to do with my shitness

Anyway I clearly disagree but don’t expect you to agree. 😂😂😉

Last edited:
Not sure if you watch much men’s golf than. Rarely do they gouge and hack with any success. Don’t let Bryson at the 2020 Us open fool you.

Btw hackers just hit the fucker. Last thing they think about is precise golf within a 10ft circal shaped left or right. They can’t even imagine that

I’m around 14 at the moment and I’m delight if I get the fairway and green full stop. I may on occasions use an iron etc to be sensible on certain holes when the woods are iffy like. Buts that’s more to do with my shitness

Anyway I clearly disagree but don’t expect you to agree. 😂😂😉
Ok, maybe I'm wording it badly and lazily referring to club golfers as hackers, but I'm referring to mid handicaps like us who at least try to play the game properly. It's in that sense that I find the women's game relatable as they can't just turn up and over power the course.

I do watch plenty of men's golf, and personally see it as a completely different game when they're able to take fairway bunkers out of play with their length for example.

So in fact I do agree with what you're saying. I just worded my point very badly.

Padraig Harrington has named his final team for the Ryder Cup, his 3 picks are Garcia, Lowry and Poulter.

Final European line up is:

Casey
Fitzpatrick
Fleetwood
Garcia
Hatton
Hovland
Lowry
McIlroy
Poulter
Rahm
Westwood
Wiesberger

Thoughts? I'm quite happy with that, slight question mark over Poulter's recent form for me, but given his history, I remain confident.

Ha'way Europe!

Padraig Harrington has named his final team for the Ryder Cup, his 3 picks are Garcia, Lowry and Poulter.

Final European line up is:

Casey
Fitzpatrick
Fleetwood
Garcia
Hatton
Hovland
Lowry
McIlroy
Poulter
Rahm
Westwood
Wiesberger

Thoughts? I'm quite happy with that, slight question mark over Poulter's recent form for me, but given his history, I remain confident.

Ha'way Europe!
The picks were inevitable given the leaked information. A fair few of the European team have been playing poorly for a while ie Westwood, Fleetwood and Hatton. I would have picked Rose over Garcia.

Back