Golf 2021

My mate used to be secretary at the Glen but member of West Links. Jack Nicklaus loved the course and uses the design for the 15th (Redane) on his own courses. Well according to them anyway ;)

We went up to the Glen years ago , it was pissing down by the time we got to the Tyne Tunnel and never stopped all day unfortunately we had booked two rounds there.

We came in for soup and sandwiches after the first round as we went to go out for the second some of the locals questioned our intelligence and rightly so.

It was the last time I ever played 36 holes in a day , never again.

We went up to the Glen years ago , it was pissing down by the time we got to the Tyne Tunnel and never stopped all day unfortunately we had booked two rounds there.

We came in for soup and sandwiches after the first round as we went to go out for the second some of the locals questioned our intelligence and rightly so.

It was the last time I ever played 36 holes in a day , never again.
I've played it a few times and like many up there its great when the conditions are nice with incredible views. Felt obliged to play once when I went up and the wind was so bad the top of the pins were practically touching the floor it was just impossible.
I need a golf reset, I’ve went from hitting low 80’s to not being able to hit a ball ha. So frustrating.
Its dead annoying isnt it? When you play well it feels so easy and then it can go to rat shit so easily. At the moment i'm struggling like fuck with my longer irons / recoveries but playing well 6 iron up over.

Last edited:
I've played it a few times and like many up there its great when the conditions are nice with incredible views. Felt obliged to play once when I went up and the wind was so bad the top of the pins were practically touching the floor it was just impossible.

I can’t remember the hole number but there’s a short par three onto the green near the beach.

One of the old members asked me what club I’d played

seven iron I replied , aye son , seven iron one day , f***ing three wood the next 😂

I can’t remember the hole number but there’s a short par three onto the green near the beach.

One of the old members asked me what club I’d played

seven iron I replied , aye son , seven iron one day , f***ing three wood the next 😂
13th I think and that absolutely spot on as well. I've hit a sand wedge and a 4 iron off there. Beautiful hole that.

Its dead annoying isnt it? When you play well it feels so easy and then it can go to rat shit so easily. At the moment i'm struggling like fuck with my longer irons / recoveries but playing well 6 iron up over.
I can drive and putt, but any iron in my hand goes wrong. I hit them fine in the nets but on the the course, not a chance!

Im sorting another 3 dayer out. End of august, including Burgham (freebie).
Hoping to include Bambrough which folk have been raving about.
Bamburgh is great fun.
It’s where I play as a youngster and the views are stunning. It isn’t a classical golf course though as it’s quirky and there are plenty of blind shots.

Just booked up for the 4bbb open at Roxburghe at the end of August. £20 to play that course is unreal value for money, hoping it's dry this time as it pissed down non-stop last year when we played it. Has some of the best and biggest bunkers I've ever played out of

Anyone recommend a starter set of irons
Been told that there a more forgiving types of irons with bigger face n sweet spot
which be great for a new starter 👍

Been told that there a more forgiving types of irons with bigger face n sweet spot
Bought some used callaway diabolo Edge irons off ebay, they were spot on for me, got a big cavity, I'm rubbish so need all the help I can

Any Ping G-Series irons. One of the best forgiving irons on the market.

Look for second hand G, G-Max, G30, G400 and G410 irons.

I need a golf reset, I’ve went from hitting low 80’s to not being able to hit a ball ha. So frustrating.

Like me today. Gross 99 (card littered with 7’s and a couple of 8’s chucked in for good measure).

Infuriating bloody game 😂
13th I think and that absolutely spot on as well. I've hit a sand wedge and a 4 iron off there. Beautiful hole that.

It is.
When we played 36 at The Glen it was an entirely different hole when the wind / tide changed direction

Last edited:

Back