Golf 2021

Can't remember a more pleasant day to play than this morning. Hot and not a breath of wind when we teed off at 7.40.
Yeh still as feck here but sea mist making things touch cooler.
Having a bash round throston in whatever order I fancy. Theyve stopped taking members, only have 80 odd!

Thought I had this golf thing sorted, then this weekend happened shot 104 out of nowhere and then walked off today in the huff couldn't hit a ball and it was a perfect day for a very good score. I've obviously cheesed off the golf Gods by being happy and confident about my game and optimistic for a score!

Oh well there is always tomorrow.....

Thought I had this golf thing sorted, then this weekend happened shot 104 out of nowhere and then walked off today in the huff couldn't hit a ball and it was a perfect day for a very good score. I've obviously cheesed off the golf Gods by being happy and confident about my game and optimistic for a score!

Oh well there is always tomorrow.....
Just had the gamr of mr life. Birdie on a difficult 10th, buzzing, but didnt keep score n just jumped on random holes.
Can't remember a more pleasant day to play than this morning. Hot and not a breath of wind when we teed off at 7.40.
How do you play the 1st down throston mate? Easy iron the over lake? Thinking 2 irons down left n chip on avoiding all water may be the way?

Last edited:
Any advice for someone thinking of taking up golf?
Never played a game in me life, not sure I could even swing a club properly and hit a ball...
Lately however I’ve found myself looking at lovely green courses near me and thinking perhaps might be quite nice to start playing- or at least give it a go.
I would probably need to get lessons tbh just to get me hitting a ball that’s how much of a novice I would be!
Anyone been in this situation? How did it go?

The wife’s not keen like 😁

Had a decent round today. 34 points 95 shot.

question?
if my ball is hit by another ball and goes in the hole what happens then?
Today the other player hit my ball and it nearly rolled in. I then had a simple tap in for a par.
If he was on the green its a 2 shot penalty to them, I think as well.

17 pts for me yesterday :lol: , think I 3 putted every hole, my only excuse was off the blue tees so a very long course, especially when I don't long.

Never played a game in me life, not sure I could even swing a club properly and hit a ball...
Lately however I’ve found myself looking at lovely green courses near me and thinking perhaps might be quite nice to start playing- or at least give it a go.
I would probably need to get lessons tbh just to get me hitting a ball that’s how much of a novice I would be!

My advice would be to get some very cheap and cheerful clubs off eBay to get you started, have a go on the driving range to get the feel of them, then get some lessons. That way you'll have an idea of where you're starting from in terms of your ability.

If you decide it's not for you, it should be relatively easy to get your money back on the clubs.

Where you at mate?

Some clubs do good 'Get into Golf' deals. Sure there's others a bit closer but here is one in that general part of the world:

Get some cheap clubs, and have a hack around as stated above. Enjoy it and have a giggle about how crap you are, take it seriously get better and still have a giggle at how crap we all are.

Some clubs do good 'Get into Golf' deals. Sure there's others a bit closer but here is one in that general part of the world:
If the golf club is like the cricket club, don't forget your Pringle sweater and socks, belt and for golfs sake tuck in your polo shirt. Leave your Bentley in the car park.

Even a drive down the M9 into Fife and the Lothians you're surrounding by cheap muni's and high end world class golf courses.

For sale 3-sw tm 200 and tm burner driver

Back