Golf 2020

You should post a screenshot of the email on Twitter and tag some of the people who have been speaking out about this, Rick Shields, The Jazzy Golfer etc.

f***ing stupid.
This! And if anyone is member there don't bother to renew.

I’m a member at sharply at the minute, looking to change next year. Wearside doesn’t look a great option right now going off the above.

Although kids should be encouraged to take up golf, I'm not sure allowing them to wear hoodies is really going to attract that many more. I mean all that is asked of them is to wear a polo shirt and some trousers, which are getting more and more casual all the time. It's not as though you have to play in a 3 piece suit with shirt and tie.

I know it's the consensus that they they should be allowed to wear what they want, but is it unreasonable to ask for a basic level of smartness? A load of kids playing golf in their tracksuits is going to feel like playing with a load of little charvas.

I suspect I'm going to be placed in the dinosaur category, just my own opinion.

Although kids should be encouraged to take up golf, I'm not sure allowing them to wear hoodies is really going to attract that many more. I mean all that is asked of them is to wear a polo shirt and some trousers, which are getting more and more casual all the time. It's not as though you have to play in a 3 piece suit with shirt and tie.

I know it's the consensus that they they should be allowed to wear what they want, but is it unreasonable to ask for a basic level of smartness? A load of kids playing golf in their tracksuits is going to feel like playing with a load of little charvas.

I suspect I'm going to be placed in the dinosaur category, just my own opinion.
How do you define smartness tho. You see old duffers in 30 year old trousers and awful shirts playing in the same gear day in and day out yet they conform to club standards. I remember poulter playing in an arsenal shirt for a comp once. I'm not for one minute saying football shirts should be allowed but come on times move forward. I'm very lucky at our club where the aim is to get out play golf and have fun. Our pro says it on daily basis and he can't be bothered with all the shite from the old farts. What does it really matter what you wear as long as you respect others and respect the course.

How do you define smartness tho. You see old duffers in 30 year old trousers and awful shirts playing in the same gear day in and day out yet they conform to club standards. I remember poulter playing in an arsenal shirt for a comp once. I'm not for one minute saying football shirts should be allowed but come on times move forward. I'm very lucky at our club where the aim is to get out play golf and have fun. Our pro says it on daily basis and he can't be bothered with all the shite from the old farts. What does it really matter what you wear as long as you respect others and respect the course.
I don't suppose it matters really. I'm not against hoodies or even jeans. However, when I see kids hanging round in tracksuits and joggers they just look like scruffy, dole waller, glue sniffers. They need to tidy themselves up.

I don't suppose it matters really. I'm not against hoodies or even jeans. However, when I see kids hanging round in tracksuits and joggers they just look like scruffy, dole waller, glue sniffers. They need to tidy themselves up.
Again define tidy/smart. The old duffers wearing the same gear they have for 30 years is anything but smart. They would turn up to a smart casual do in the same shite they wear on the course. Its embarrassing.

Again define tidy/smart. The old duffers wearing the same gear they have for 30 years is anything but smart. They would turn up to a smart casual do in the same shite they wear on the course. Its embarrassing.
Not wearing tracksuits or joggers. How you would dress to go to a party that listed smart casual as the dress code.

For me you wear gear that's appropriate for the sport you are playing. I walked the dog this morning when it was pissing it down. I looked like a scruff but I came home dry.
If you go fishing it's the same, as long as your comfortable and dressed appropriately I cant see a problem. Some of the gear the old boys wear are more embarrassing than a hoody, bright red cords with a yellow jumper from 1970.
Then you get people wearing shorts with socks, then come into club house wearing dress shoes. That's totally acceptable it's mad.
I wonder what was said by committees when we moved from plus fours etc.
Do I think you should wear jeans on a course? I wouldn't but that's just because I think they are not suitable for comfort reasons and would be awful if they got wet.

Not wearing tracksuits or joggers. How you would dress to go to a party that listed smart casual as the dress code.
For starters I wouldn't go to a party in what I wear on the course. That's kind of my point. You can spend 150 quid on decent trackie bottoms and top etc or the old gits wear £3.50p worth of shit gear on the course that they've worn for years and years. Who's right and who's wrong. I've got a hoodie I spent 75 sheets on a few weeks ago and I'm gonna wear it in the medal sat and if anyone says anything my response will be if it's good enough for a pga winner on a world renown course the it's good enough for me on a local course. Oh and BTW the way I won the club champs so fuck off 😎😂😂😂

Following Tyrells win wearside have sent out a reminder to members that hoodies are not acceptable attire

f***ing dinosaurs

I cycled up from home on my bike when I was a member to take my name off a competition list , some of my pals were in the bar so I went in for a chat for a few minutes, I got told off for not wearing the correct attire for the clubhouse.

I was in less than five minutes.

Nice summing up.

I’m a member at sharply at the minute, looking to change next year. Wearside doesn’t look a great option right now going off the above.
Why do you want to leave sharpley? I’m actually looking at playing there Friday due to my course being soaking{George washy}

I definitely wouldn't go wearing a pair of shiny, bobbly Farah strides that I bought twenty years ago teamed up with a Faldo 'Geometric George' Pringle jumper with patches on the elbows but it would pass on the golf club dress code front.

For starters I wouldn't go to a party in what I wear on the course. That's kind of my point. You can spend 150 quid on decent trackie bottoms and top etc or the old gits wear £3.50p worth of shit gear on the course that they've worn for years and years. Who's right and who's wrong. I've got a hoodie I spent 75 sheets on a few weeks ago and I'm gonna wear it in the medal sat and if anyone says anything my response will be if it's good enough for a pga winner on a world renown course the it's good enough for me on a local course. Oh and BTW the way I won the club champs so fuck off 😎😂😂😂
We obviously have different opinions on what is acceptable so there's not much point in arguing about it. Don't care that your the club champ.

Back