Golf 2020

I use them, I bought them as we just came out off lockdown. I haggled with our pro as I assumed they had cash flow issues as they not long opened two more shops.
I got them for £713.
They are really easy to hit and they are a forgiving head.
That’s a great price - not sure I will be able to get anything off

I’m thinking if I get now then I have the winter months to get used to them ahead of next summer/comp season

Had the misfortune of following three four balls at Close House yesterday, all about 18/20 years old , pissed and loud with it.

Never been so annoyed playing golf as I was yesterday , walked off the fifth green to the twelfth tee to play in.

Someone came out from the clubhouse to get them told to stop acting like dicks.

If you look up in the tree to the the left of the sixth tee , there might be a wood that one of the daft fuckers left up there , slipped out of his hands apparently, tosser. Pardon the pun.

None of them correctly dressed , why let the fuckers on in the first place ?

Had the misfortune of following three four balls at Close House yesterday, all about 18/20 years old , pissed and loud with it.

Never been so annoyed playing golf as I was yesterday , walked off the fifth green to the twelfth tee to play in.

If you look up in the tree to the the left of the sixth tee , there might be a wood that one of the daft fuckers left up there , slipped out of his hands apparently, tosser. Pardon the pun.

Surprised at that for close house like

They've easily added 10 yards a club to my game. I was using the Mizuno jpx tours previously
I’m using MP33 blades at moment with regular shaft - whichever new clubs I get will make life so much easier 😂

I love the look of the blades but I’m not good enough to hit them sweet all the time

Bad that like! Had u paid a green fee or are u member or were on a freebie? Should get a refund, especially as someone had to come out & warn them. That person should have wandered around with them for 2-3 holes minimum.

Club pro lent me ping i500 7 iron with same shaft that’s recommended for the 790’s for my round today.

Just find these news clubs so much easier to hit and get a great flight - high and stopping

Going to decide tomorrow but think I will go for the 790’s - £859 for 6 f***ing clubs though 😢

Yeah it was a really shock as to how much further the carry was. Much more height, more control when stopping etc.

Not cheap like - I ended up getting the gap wedge as well - given how busy everywhere is discount may be tricky.

I want a new driver next so may have to ask for one if giving the club some repeat business!

If any of you have old clubs gathering dust in the garage I recommend getting them on ebay or flogging them . The second hand market for clubs seems to have gone daft. I've just sold an Rbz tour driver for 120 quid, that's eight year old, a nike covert hybrid for 40 and a scotty cameron for 190.
Other than the putter which I've only just replaced, I haven't bothered getting rid before because I couldnt be arsed. Genuinely didn't think the rescue would sell, the driver I nearly gave to one of the lads.

Not much market for lefties. I've got a wilson driver 3 Wood and putter if anyone is interested. Bought a cobra f8 driver and bugger me it doesn't half go the distance. We reckon my drive on 16 last week was 240 yards. Bought an odyssey white hot putter for 45 at American golf to get rid of the standard one that came in the set when I bought it.

anyone played Newbiggin before ? Playing it on Saturday and wind looks like it’s going to be up there. Expecting a battle.

anyone played Newbiggin before ? Playing it on Saturday and wind looks like it’s going to be up there. Expecting a battle.
Splits opinion Newbiggin. I'm of the opinion that it's the worst links course I've ever played. It has a couple decent holes on the front 9, the back 9 is a bit of a field. Fair bit of dog shit on the course too.

6th. Assume this was the colt course if a driver on the 6th. Filly is a little 9 iron then lob wedge. Cracking little hole.
Surprised at that for close house like
100% not for me, I’m at close house only the county member and heworth, heworth to be fair for discipline and etiquette is a different league.

like ramside clsoe house can get social club rounds who aren’t too bad and also random groups of lads absolutely hacking around playing because it’s clsoe house. Boils my f***ing piss.
not as much as me , some of them members or sons of members apparently.

bunch of posh wankers.
Tbf usually the youngens at close are f***ing quality.

Last edited:
No it was the 6th tee on the Filly course , these lads weren’t golfers.

Next time your on the yellow tee facing the hole , look up in the tree to your left, if it’s still there.
Fuckinh hell, a driver On the 6th.f***ing idiots, it’s a dink down the fairway.

I’m playing late on Wednesday, dreading getting behind a fuckwit as teeeing just after 3.
No it was the 6th tee on the Filly course , these lads weren’t golfers.

Next time your on the yellow tee facing the hole , look up in the tree to your left, if it’s still there.
I will on Wednesday. 😂

Back