Golf 2020

They will make you shank it as well

First round (12 holes) with it today. Worked ok. Took 5 mins to find the course on the gps, then didn't pick up a couple of shots (both 10 yard duffs) so not sure I'd totally trust it to calculate my score but it picked up the other 60odd shots ok and pretty cool once you've edited it a wee bit for the missed duffs.

The golf gamebook app is a great alternative for a freebie GPS/scoring app (I still used that for scoring) but nice not to have to fanny about with the phone to get yardage.

Just booked the belfry for March next year. £289 for 2 nights bed and breakfast and a round on each of the 3 courses on the fri, sat and sun. Seems a cracking deal. Hopefully this Covid doesn’t stop it happening.
Great venue and The Brabazon is a really good course. The nightclub is a bit cock heavy though.

You'll need your bike.
Going to have to be a quick round, be lucky to get 18 first round back ha
Aright lads, I’m going to try get up there for 12pm on Thursday to hit some balls on the range. Just go to the office to sign in. I’ll try spread the discount across all 3 but otherwise I imagine whoever arrives first after me will get it.
No idea how to tag people on this or I would have.

Last edited:
Going to have to be a quick round, be lucky to get 18 first round back ha
Aright lads, I’m going to try get up there for 12pm on Thursday to hit some balls on the range. Just go to the office to sign in. I’ll try spread the discount across all 3 but otherwise I imagine whoever arrives first after me will get it.
No idea how to tag people on this or I would have.

Ill get there round then ta!

Lovely round at close house this morning. 85 in the filly to be fair putting and chipping saved me. 1 under handicap. Delighted after4 week off.

7.40am tee so had to knock a 7 iron down the first fairway. Just caught site of my ball. Was fine halfway though the second hole.

Courses was in good nick.

I’m looking to get a game there before my membership ends in January, but I think I need signing on by a member if you can help ? Me and my pal are looking to join and want to play it beforehand.
Aye no bother. Think you need a member at the minute to play as demand is high for obvious reasons....maybe keep an eye on BRS.

If so give it a couple of weeks as it’s a sensitive one at the minute.

Don’t think you need a member to vouch for you though.
Bernie will confirm for you.
[email protected]

I really like it and very rare you get the social 4 ball balls tearing the course up and taking 5 and a half hours. Hence course generally in very good condition.
Aye no bother. Think you need a member at the minute to play as demand is high for obvious reasons....maybe keep an eye on BRS.

If so give it a couple of weeks as it’s a sensitive one at the minute.

Don’t think you need a member to vouch for you though.
Bernie will confirm for you.
[email protected]

I really like it and very rare you get the social 4 ball balls tearing the course up and taking 5 and a half hours. Hence course generally in very good condition.
I’ll arrange a game with you btw 👍🏻

Last edited:

Back