Golf 2020

Price wise, Whitburn and Shields both just under £700, Boldon and Wearside about £750. Whitburn and Shields will be open more as less liable to flooding, member booking is deffo 14 days ahead at Whitburn, think only 5 at Shields. Shields a bit longer, I know from a mate that Whitburn planning to play 16th par 3 from 18th tee area, will be some hole!
My understanding is that they are changing the routing of the holes, not extending the 16th!
The 17th will be played as the 15th, then the par 3 16th as it is and leading onto the 15th becoming the new 17th and a path will lead up from behind the green to the 18th tee above

Another outstanding display of visor loyalty at Sharply, had a tee booked for 9am on the 3rd via BRS, cancelled because the owner always has it booked every Friday between 08:50 and 09:30. The two tees after that all visitors. You’d think as it’s there mistake for leaving that book in open they’d cancel one of the visitor tees for us, nope. Looking for somewhere to play Friday morning now.
Edit, tee booked for the 4th, not the 3rd.

Last edited:
Another outstanding display of visor loyalty at Sharply, had a tee booked for 9am on the 3rd via BRS, cancelled because the owner always has it booked every Friday between 08:50 and 09:30. The two tees after that all visitors. You’d think as it’s there mistake for leaving that book in open they’d cancel one of the visitor tees for us, nope. Looking for somewhere to play Friday morning now.
That sort of carry on is why I'd never join a proprieatary golf course.

That sort of carry on is why I'd never join a proprieatary golf course.
It wasn’t when I joined, seems to have went into overdrive this year after the first lockdown. Apparently my mate managed to remove the owners booking from BRS. 1, not even possible and 2 not even an apology.

😃. Cheeky bastard. Clearly couldn’t give a fuck.
That’s not a club that like.

Back