Golf 2020

Should've listened :lol: Tougher course (which I hadn't played before), it was busier which rushed me a bit and it was wet but 109 ffs. 51 on back 9 not too bad for me but 58 for front 9 is f***ing minging.

Gives me something to beat next time I suppose.
:lol: I've done 15 years of the misery now and I've decided that I'm not going to renew next year. To be honest it's been a right chore the last couple of years and I've basically been doing it for the exercise. But I've taken the decision now to lose a couple years off the end of my life rather than put up with the shit any longer.

:lol: I've done 15 years of the misery now and I've decided that I'm not going to renew next year. To be honest it's been a right chore the last couple of years and I've basically been doing it for the exercise. But I've taken the decision now to lose a couple years off the end of my life rather than put up with the shit any longer.

:lol:

Aye, no point if you're not enjoying it. I'm a bit like that with bowls (I'm actually pretty good at that) - losing motivation so just getting worse and going through the motions.

I felt a bit like this at the end of 2019 but after 40 years of playing golf. I decided to give it another year and I'm incredibly pleased that I did. When golf returned post lockdown I realised that it wasn't the golf which I had really missed but having a laugh on the course with like minded blokes. There's no way that I'd pack in playing now.

Just got back from Woodhall Spa. Two fantastic courses but to be honest they have destroyed me. I shot my two lowest stableford points totals in about 10 year. The bunkers on the Hotchkin are huge and there must be around 400 of the bastards.

If anyone is interested dalmahoy in Edinburgh is doing a 4 ball for 100 quid on the championship course or 80 quid for the east course.

The championship course is worth it, but, the East course is a bit short, only £20 each I suppose, £25 each for the main one is good, but, if it gets wet......

Came 3rd last week in par bogey comp 4up but only paid out on 1st and 2nd

came 3rd yesterday in stableford and top 3 paid but beaten on countbck 😥

gone from 26.4 down to 24.8 in two weeks so on the right path

Just got back from Woodhall Spa. Two fantastic courses but to be honest they have destroyed me. I shot my two lowest stableford points totals in about 10 year. The bunkers on the Hotchkin are huge and there must be around 400 of the bastards.
I was dissapointed with the Hotchkin when I played it, was expecting a bit better. Wasn't in great condition and they'd chopped a load of trees down.

Trolleys still alright at close house or will I need winter wheels

Might be playing the colt Sunday and don’t fancy a bag on my back :lol:
Ramside banned electric trolleys from last weekend unless equipped with winter wheels. Push trolleys are still allowed though.

Although I saw loads from afar yesterday with electric ones with standard wheels on

National lockdown looking inevitable, I’d like to think golf would be exempt but I think we might all be getting an enforced winter break.

I guess it’d least help with winter wear and tear. Still gutted if it happens, it’s been little oasis of normality during these shitty times.

National lockdown looking inevitable, I’d like to think golf would be exempt but I think we might all be getting an enforced winter break.

I guess it’d least help with winter wear and tear. Still gutted if it happens, it’s been little oasis of normality during these shitty times.
I've knacked my back but I have a tee time booked tomorrow and I'm going unless I can't walk as I fear it will be the last time I can play before the lockdown which seems to be coming.

Played Friday at the filly at clouse house. Recent rain has took its toll. Course was heavy, obviously fuck all run, greens inconsistent, mud.
still enjoyed though. 😃
280 yard hole 9 iron and lob wedge!!! I f***ing wish
Yesterday was a 8iron and lob wedge. No run and the colder weather so took an extra club. 😉
If you look up in the tree to the the left of the sixth tee , there might be a wood that one of the daft fuckers left up there ,

It must have been retrieved. Wasnt their yesterday.

Last edited:

Back