Goldeneye for XBox

gipetto

Striker
So this has been released on game pass but is unavailable to purchase stand alone. Anyone know if that will change in the future?

So this has been released on game pass but is unavailable to purchase stand alone. Anyone know if that will change in the future?
Might change in the future but apparently Nintendo put some restrictions on it, that's why there's not any online multiplayer on Xbox.

Can you not just sign up to game pass, clock it then unsubscribe?

I suppose so, but I was anticipate there'll be a multiplayer feature (unsure if there is), so wanted to play that now and then going forward.

I could get game pass, but it would be a waste of money as I don't play that much.
Might change in the future but apparently Nintendo put some restrictions on it, that's why there's not any online multiplayer on Xbox.

Thanks for the info, that's a shame. Hopefully things change.

I suppose so, but I was anticipate there'll be a multiplayer feature (unsure if there is), so wanted to play that now and then going forward.

I could get game pass, but it would be a waste of money as I don't play that much.

It only has local multiplayer by the looks it.

Gamepass is only a couple of quid a month man

Gamepass is only a couple of quid a month man

It looks as though it's £1 for the first and then £11 thereafter, I know it's not much, but I hardly play on the Xbox.
I really want to avoid this as I have such good memories of multiplayer at uni crowded around the telly shouting abuse at anyone who had selected OddJob. It simply can’t live up to my memory.

I imagine I’ll cave and give it a go. And regret it.

It definitely won't live up to your memory. I played Shenmue last year remembering how much me and a mate loved it. I suppose it was quite groundbreaking at the time but dear me, to play it now, it's absolutely horrendous :lol:

Last edited:
It looks as though it's £1 for the first and then £11 thereafter, I know it's not much, but I hardly play on the Xbox.

It definitely won't live up to your memory. I played Shenmue last year remembering how much me and a mate loved it. I suppose it was quite groundbreaking at the time but dear me, to play it now, it's absolutely horrendous :lol:

You pick the monthly ones up for a couple of quid and just renew the code every month, I don't know anyone that pays full price

How do you do that then mate?

Just buy from cjs-cdkeys.com (make sure you buy UK region) - redeem code for your months gamepass. Just remember to turn off recurring billing once redeemed. Repeat when required
Just buy from cjs-cdkeys.com (make sure you buy UK region) - redeem code for your months gamepass. Just remember to turn off recurring billing once redeemed. Repeat when required

Edit : @gipetto if that site has nothing then gamivo.com has plenty

Last edited:
I believe it is being added available as a free add on to purchasers of Rare Replay, which you can usually pick up for about a fiver.

I really want to avoid this as I have such good memories of multiplayer at uni crowded around the telly shouting abuse at anyone who had selected OddJob. It simply can’t live up to my memory.

I imagine I’ll cave and give it a go. And regret it.
The reviews indicate you will. It looks like an emulator on PC and the leaked version will be the best way to enjoy it.

Back