Golden Lion south hylton

Didn't they have a RBL and the Pyrex club down there anarl? A fair few clubs in relation to the size of the place.

Someone mentioned Spoors at the bottom of the bank. They were bought out by someone called Chastney's of Seaham which went bust a few years later.

I can remember Albert's (Albie's) bingo anarl next to the auld train line. Looked a like a miniature circus and was painted the same maroon colour as Spoors trucks.

I can remember Albert's (Albie's) bingo anarl next to the auld train line. Looked a like a miniature circus and was painted the same maroon colour as Spoors trucks.
Albert's Bingo is going back a few years, anyone remember minsies greyhound kennels near the duckets on pottery Bank?

south hylton isn't as clannish as it used to be,the pubs and clubs were the hub of the community but times have changed people no longer go out and when they do they dont use the local ale houses, I went in the potters a few weeks ago after the mk Don's match and hardly knew anyone and I've lived down here for nearly 50 years,minsies farm theres a blast from the past,I lived in avondale where tommy minns lived,he was a character when he died his dog used to sit in the middle of the street crying waiting for him to come home.

south hylton isn't as clannish as it used to be,the pubs and clubs were the hub of the community but times have changed people no longer go out and when they do they dont use the local ale houses, I went in the potters a few weeks ago after the mk Don's match and hardly knew anyone and I've lived down here for nearly 50 years,minsies farm theres a blast from the past,I lived in avondale where tommy minns lived,he was a character when he died his dog used to sit in the middle of the street crying waiting for him to come home.
Tommy was OK, always liked going to his kennels, decent bloke.

32 bed HMO more likely. Which is a crying shame.
You know when it first went up for sale people were wondering what it would end up as, some joker said bail hostel or halfway house or suchlike...........

Last edited:

Back